Getting into a relationship before 1L Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rikkugrrl

Bronze

Re: Getting into a relationship before 1L

Post by Rikkugrrl » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:for my current city, very hot. based on the women who approached and/or smiled at me at the bar i was at by myself in the city the school im leaning towards is in, i can prob do better..... but i don't need really hot. once they reach hot, that area is satisfied. would it be cool if she was up for having 3somes? yes. she is only up for the wrong kind of 3some though, so it seems unlikely.

yes, i ask about the 3some very early on. i am able to get away with asking really offensive questions, because they are genuinely important to me, and women do seem to respect anything you say that you're genuine about.
Thread just got weird.
I'm torn between being weirded out and being tempted to ask what the "wrong" type is.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 pm

on the needy factor, i have been with girls that when you leave them, they try to F your life over (try to get you kicked out of school, spread rumors about you, etc.) but there were signs of the craziness early on, but they were so subdued, but subtle. it can be hard to tell if a girl is crazy when she is popular, and very well kept, etc. the point is i've become really attentive to any signs of potential psycho-bitch, and she is incredibly not this. she is a legitimately good person. this might sound like a dick comment, but women i date for a few weeks normally completely fall in love with me. the majority of the time they don't want to date me for a few weeks, but when they do, i can never keep it casual. they always "see themselves with me" etc.

powerlawyer06

Bronze

Post by powerlawyer06 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:33 pm

It sounds like you are in the honeymoon phase of the relationship. This is how I would describe the beginning of every relationship I have ever had. You know that things don't stay this way forever and you will definitely get tired of each other. Don't let her move with you. You should only move with someone you have had a long and serious relationship with.

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:for my current city, very hot. based on the women who approached and/or smiled at me at the bar i was at by myself in the city the school im leaning towards is in, i can prob do better..... but i don't need really hot. once they reach hot, that area is satisfied. would it be cool if she was up for having 3somes? yes. she is only up for the wrong kind of 3some though, so it seems unlikely.

yes, i ask about the 3some very early on. i am able to get away with asking really offensive questions, because they are genuinely important to me, and women do seem to respect anything you say that you're genuine about.
Thread just got weird.
I'm torn between being weirded out and being tempted to ask what the "wrong" type is.
I assume for him wrong type is MMF. right?

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Yeah. I mean not that there's anything wrong with it if that's what you're into. I just have no attraction to men.

I guess I am leaning towards not bringing her. I just don't want to have to not hang out with her or be hot and heavy then just bounce. There's no way I'd be game for doing long distance unless we were engaged or something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Why does TLS have so many threads about whether it's possible to be in a relationship in law school? Are you people all socially incompetent?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:49 pm

So having a relationship when you spend 8 hours a day doing school is impossible, but finding someone when you get out and are working 60+ hours per week is super manageable?

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Why does TLS have so many threads about whether it's possible to be in a relationship in law school? Are you people all socially incompetent?
Underrated. Also, why is this not in the lounge yet?

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 am

Im pretty sure I had the subconscious thought that getting close to anyone before i up and move and start school was a bad idea. Of course I did, but I managed to have my subconscious torpedo it pretty well 8) Funny thing is she was the girl who got me onto the LSAT :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BeaverHunter

New

Post by BeaverHunter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 am

This thread is meaningless without pics.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 am

esq wrote:Your call my friend. Personally, being in a relationship has only helped me throughout my education. The pressure and time spent involved in single social life fades, and I've found that the stability that comes from this has improved my ability to accomplish my goals - it's called the settling down effect. It is a commitment though, and one that only you can personally understand. But If the relationship really is solid, I wouldn't throw it away because of law school. That's a lousy reason to throw a good relationship away.
Hey now, good response.

I'm sticking with my girl, but we are only going to be 4 hours away and have dated for 2 years. I don't know why I put a serious response into this topic, so....

BeaverHunter wrote:This thread is meaningless without pics.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:02 am

flexityflex86 wrote:Is this a bad idea?

I've been seeing this girl for about two months now, and we connect really well - kind of a partners in crime kind of thing. I trust her in a way I haven't trusted other women I've been in relationships with before - never had fidelity trusting issues, but I mean I trust that I could do anythingggg and she'd back me up.

She wants to hang out all the time, and basically invites herself over, which is cool cause she normally cooks and just wants to make love, which sometimes it can be too much, but it's not like I'm gonna turn that down. She's very pretty, and interesting as well. She started pushing being in a relationship, saying she could "see herself marrying me", etc. and has brought up the idea of moving with me to the law school I go to.

It might be good having a partner while I'm in law school. At the schools I'm considering, I have people I met in college, but no real friends. On the other end, I'm kind of a maverick and have always performed my best while on my own. I've never needed real friends to adapt, network and thrive, though I'd prob be happier having people to share experiences with. I have a lot of annoying living habits (fall asleep to sports talk radio, smoke indoors, etc.) I don't really see myself having any drama with her, but I'm not sold I see her as like a potential wife, which is what moving in together would entail. I feel really connected to her, and really don't want to break her heart.
Sounds like she'd be trouble in 1L. A lot of indications that she's the type of girl that would be awesome and supportive as long as she feels you're giving her the attention and might go psycho flip out clinger mode if you don't.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:28 pm

flexityflex86 wrote: yes, i ask about the 3some very early on. i am able to get away with asking really offensive questions, because they are genuinely important to me, and women do seem to respect anything you say that you're genuine about.
Troll?
If not, wtf man. Two months and she sees herself marrying you, when all you do is have sex and let her cook for you (congrats, you probably have an exquisitely shaped penis).
In all serious, have your fun with this one, then change your phone number and move to law school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:30 pm

coldshoulder wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote: yes, i ask about the 3some very early on. i am able to get away with asking really offensive questions, because they are genuinely important to me, and women do seem to respect anything you say that you're genuine about.
Troll?
If not, wtf man. Two months and she sees herself marrying you, when all you do is have sex and let her cook for you (congrats, you probably have an exquisitely shaped penis).
In all serious, have your fun with this one, then change your phone number and move to law school.
This is how I'm going to start marketing my junk

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm

OP, fuck all this other advice and stop over-thinking it and let what happens happen. Shit will either work out or it won't but worrying won't help and throwing away a good thing is rarely a good idea (damn, even that was overthinking it -- just have secks)

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:35 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:wants to make love
Cute
I'm glad someone else caught this.

Also, she sounds more than a little crazy and controlling. Drop her well before 1L, to allow for the inevitable month or two when she stakes out your apartment, bugs your phone, and sabotages your friendships. That shit would be annoying during law school, and restraining orders take time.

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:45 pm

BeaverHunter wrote:This thread is meaningless without pics.
yup

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deliriousxix

Bronze

Post by deliriousxix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Ty Webb wrote:

Thread just got weird.
this thread was really freakin' weird from the beginning.. bahah sorry OP. it's given me a good laugh at work though?

you have a while before you leave. Why don't you just see how you feel in July. If you can't see yourself marrying her by then.. don't do it. Kind of a waste of time IMO.

and umm.. OP.. I don't know what kind of girls your talking about/to, but "most" girls don't respect being asked those questions... that's really strange.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Girls suck, man.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm

thecilent wrote:Girls suck, man.
dick, preferably

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:52 pm

dick, preferably

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:56 pm

dick, preferably
Exactly.

BeaverHunter

New

Post by BeaverHunter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 pm

The OP is a weirdo and should be happy he's getting anything at all.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:22 pm

PiersonVee wrote:With all due respect, you might want to hold onto her. Based on the fact that you came here for relationship advice, you may not get another shot at a relationship with a real human being.

Remember, I am saying this with all due respect.
I really liked this

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Getting into a relationship before 1L is rarely the problem. Getting out of the relationship during 1L definitely can be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”