Application Advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rockiesbrit

Application Advice

Postby rockiesbrit » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 am

Hi all, Basically, I'm currently a undergrad in the UK, going into my final year in September. I'm a Green Card Holder, and planning on applying for LS in the upcoming Fall. I just wanted some advice as to whether I should look to take the LSAT in June (although my exams are on until about 5 days before the LSAT date) or wait until October and study over the summer.

How much would the delay in taking the October LSAT, hence missing the opening of most apps, affect chances?

jackattack17

Re: Application Advice

Postby jackattack17 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 pm

definitely wait until october. the month or two of missed application time is far less harmful than cramming for the LSAT while taking your normal school exams. if you are really concerned with getting your applications in early, i believe you can send them in september while notifying each school that you won't have a score until late oct/early nov. make sure you're working on getting your letters of rec and writing your personal statements too. wait until october for the lsat though.

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Application Advice

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah, wait until October. As an international applicant, you won't have an LSAC GPA, and so your LSAT score is by far the most important part of your application.

You should study for the LSAT at least 3-4 hours a day for at least 1-2 months.

Also, most internationals don't have anywhere near as much experience with standardized tests as Americans. Make sure you practice the test under test conditions - using the bubble sheets that come with the practice tests, et cetera.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”