LoR problem with LSAC... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NewIvy

New

LoR problem with LSAC...

Post by NewIvy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I had an additional LoR sent to LSAC mid-March. It went out with my application to a couple schools with late deadlines. However, it was not initially sent to my top choice which had an earlier deadline.

When I look under "Completed Applications" on LSAC, it does not show an update.
When I look under "Report Status," however, it says it was sent.

The law school in question has no record of this letter. I called LSAC on Friday and they confirmed that it was sent 4/4. How do I approach this with the law school? I was waitlisted on Thursday via email and sent a brief reply to confirm my interest, also asking about the LoR. I received a reply that not only have they not received it, their records from LSAC also do not indicate that it is queued to be transmitted.

I will be submitting a LOCI (probably by email) mid-week. Should I call there about the LoR? Ask about it in the email with my LOCI attached? Send an additional email?

Thanks in advance.

KingTaco

New

Re: LoR problem with LSAC...

Post by KingTaco » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 am

NewIvy wrote:I had an additional LoR sent to LSAC mid-March. It went out with my application to a couple schools with late deadlines. However, it was not initially sent to my top choice which had an earlier deadline.

When I look under "Completed Applications" on LSAC, it does not show an update.
When I look under "Report Status," however, it says it was sent.

The law school in question has no record of this letter. I called LSAC on Friday and they confirmed that it was sent 4/4. How do I approach this with the law school? I was waitlisted on Thursday via email and sent a brief reply to confirm my interest, also asking about the LoR. I received a reply that not only have they not received it, their records from LSAC also do not indicate that it is queued to be transmitted.

I will be submitting a LOCI (probably by email) mid-week. Should I call there about the LoR? Ask about it in the email with my LOCI attached? Send an additional email?

Thanks in advance.
I honestly didn't understand the question/problem. You got a new LOR updated on LSAC but some school didn't receive it?

-if the school didnt, then call them and ask
-if you are not sure if school did, then call them and ask
?????
------------
Profit

if the above doesn't apply, it's either my reading comprehension or your writing skills, or both.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”