CC Transfer Grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
coldshoulder

CC Transfer Grades

Postby coldshoulder » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I took two community college concurrent enrollment courses in my junior year of high school. They were math classes, I slacked hardcore, and did terribly. It's looking like they would bring my good UG GPA of 3.7 down to a 3.5. Is there any way not to send these record to lsac, and if not, how can I explain that I did a great job in UG and should not be penalized for two unimportant math classed in high school?

dakatz

Re: CC Transfer Grades

Postby dakatz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to send them. You can always write an addendum if you wish, but your LSAC GPA is what it is.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm

coldshoulder wrote:I took two community college concurrent enrollment courses in my junior year of high school. They were math classes, I slacked hardcore, and did terribly. It's looking like they would bring my good UG GPA of 3.7 down to a 3.5. Is there any way not to send these record to lsac, and if not, how can I explain that I did a great job in UG and should not be penalized for two unimportant math classed in high school?

I don't think there is anyway of disregarding those grades. College classes are college classes.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Damn, I figured as much. The difference between a 3.7 and 3.5 is huge for the T20, I'm going to talk to an advisor and see if I can completely wipe them off my record, then retake them this summer before graduating in August.

Edit: not possible. I'll have to aim as high as possible on my Lsat and write a GPA addendum.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:37 pm

can your advisor do stuff like that? i think if anything you have to beg the CC you took the classes at. i can't see them budging. i begged a professor who gave me two F's (haha) and he was just like..."lemme think about it, no."

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”