Deposit Deadline

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Deposit Deadline

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Anyone have any luck in extending them? I tried at one school but they refused me pretty quickly. Maybe my email wasn't convincing enough.

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Deposit Deadline

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I did get an extension of two weeks from a school where I am waiting on a scholly negotiation. I emailed explaining the situation and the fact that I was still interested. They responded the next day.

If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Deposit Deadline

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:I did get an extension of two weeks from a school where I am waiting on a scholly negotiation. I emailed explaining the situation and the fact that I was still interested. They responded the next day.

If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!


I did the "Im waiting to hear from another school" instead of the leveraging scholarship bit.

Maybe I should email the other schools saying I'm in the middle of scholarship negotiation (which is true). I just didn't know which one would have been the better proposal.

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Deposit Deadline

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
pinkcamellia wrote:I did get an extension of two weeks from a school where I am waiting on a scholly negotiation. I emailed explaining the situation and the fact that I was still interested. They responded the next day.

If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!


I did the "Im waiting to hear from another school" instead of the leveraging scholarship bit.

Maybe I should email the other schools saying I'm in the middle of scholarship negotiation (which is true). I just didn't know which one would have been the better proposal.


It's a confusing process for sure! With most schools, you can leave your pending/waitlisted applications active even after a seat deposit, so the school might've thought that wasn't an excuse not to pay your deposit with them.

I would contact the school that you are negotiating with and inform them that you have a deadline coming up. They might hurry things along. Even if they don't, you need to make a decision on which school you will attend if you absolutely cannot get out of the deadline. HTH!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests