Question about responding to waitlist

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
logicgamesbrah

Question about responding to waitlist

Postby logicgamesbrah » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm wondering can the schools that you've applied to access the decisions other schools have made on your application? I'm asking because I just found out I was put on the wait list of my #1 school and in the e-mail they ask me to tell them the decisions of other schools in regard to my application. So I'm wondering if I should maybe say I got in somewhere I didn't to increase my chance. My gut instinct tells me not to do this what do you think?

akili

Re: Question about responding to waitlist

Postby akili » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:43 pm

logicgamesbrah wrote:I'm wondering can the schools that you've applied to access the decisions other schools have made on your application? I'm asking because I just found out I was put on the wait list of my #1 school and in the e-mail they ask me to tell them the decisions of other schools in regard to my application. So I'm wondering if I should maybe say I got in somewhere I didn't to increase my chance. My gut instinct tells me not to do this what do you think?

That's a horrible idea. Trust your gut.

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:44 pm

LYING TO LAW SCHOOLS IS BAD. Your gut is right.

logicgamesbrah

Postby logicgamesbrah » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:46 pm

lol alright thanks guys, just really wanted to get into this school so was considering all options

classix

Postby classix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:45 pm

hey man definitely don't lie. It could seriously come back and F you in the B.

Also your other posts show you applied just last month with low 150's LSAT to T100's... right?

It might be a rocky ride. BUT listen to this:

I did almost the same thing, but I visited each school that WL'ed me (made sure they knew I was visiting) and also got an additional LOR on the fly and personally handed in my extra letter to an adcom rep at each school. I got accepted to each school off my waitlist.

It was either that or my feb retake that helped...but feb didn't boost me all that much, so go figure.

Amazing things can happen, though.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm

classix wrote:hey man definitely don't lie. It could seriously come back and F you in the B.

Also your other posts show you applied just last month with low 150's LSAT to T100's... right?

I did almost the same thing, but I visited each school that WL'ed me (made sure they knew I was visiting) and also got an additional LOR on the fly and personally handed in my extra letter to an adcom rep at each school. I got accepted to each school off my waitlist.

It was either that or my feb retake that helped...but feb didn't boost me all that much, so go figure.

How much is not much. Even a 1 point boost on the LSAT can be a deal breaker.

classix

Postby classix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:48 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
classix wrote:hey man definitely don't lie. It could seriously come back and F you in the B.

only +3, but I broke into new decile that looked aesthetically pleasing.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm

classix wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Yeah it was probably that which is why you got off so many waitlists.

classix

Postby classix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:50 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
classix wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Yeah it was probably that which is why you got off so many waitlists.

Point taken, but still, I'm just trying to offer some help. Maybe extra LOR with that personal touch was particularly sexy to adcom?

logicgamesbrah

Postby logicgamesbrah » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm

hmm thanks for the advice, i will definitely make a visit, i don't think I could get another LOR though to be honest it was hard for me to come up with the two I had

at this point I am considering continuing working, taking up some volunteer work, studying for lsat (again) and re applying next year, if i could go up 2-4 points on the test with as much time as i have to study with another year of work I feel like my application would be much stronger

classix

Postby classix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:57 pm

logicgamesbrah wrote:

hmm thanks for the advice, i will definitely make a visit, i don't think I could get another LOR though to be honest it was hard for me to come up with the two I had

at this point I am considering continuing working, taking up some volunteer work, studying for lsat (again) and re applying next year, if i could go up 2-4 points on the test with as much time as i have to study with another year of work I feel like my application would be much stronger

Sounds like you're being pretty realistic. Good luck to you!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”