Getting a Scholarship to these schools...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheSteelKid

Getting a Scholarship to these schools...

Postby TheSteelKid » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:31 am

So I got rejected to BC and waitlisted at BU and Fordham. However, I applied very late to Fordham (late January) and my applications weren't completed until early January for BU and BC.

Do you think I have any chance with my current numbers (3.25 and 170) of getting a scholarship to BU/BC/Fordham if I reapply? GW has already told me that with my GPA it would be highly difficult.

I really just can't decide it I want to go to Wash U/Illinois or not. I am going to visit both campuses (hopefully) in about 3 weeks but I'd like to have a better chance at a bigger market and don't particularly want to pay sticker anywhere......

Also, if I were to retake the LSAT in June, what do you guys think I would need to get in order to get scholarships to schools like BC/BU/Fordham/GW/Vandy/USC/UCLA/Texas/Cornell/Gtown....
Will it be damn near impossible with my GPA being so low? Thanks!!!! I feel like I have a shot at somewhere between a 170-175.

FiveSermon

Re: Getting a Scholarship to these schools...

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:44 am

Friend got 7k a year to Fordham with a 170/3.4 through emailing the school. This was over 3 years ago however.

TheSteelKid

Postby TheSteelKid » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:56 am

Right. Applying late didn't help me..neither did taking the December LSAT for these other schools (GW/BU/BC)....hmm.....

TheSteelKid

Postby TheSteelKid » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 pm

TheSteelKid wrote:So I got rejected to BC and waitlisted at BU and Fordham. However, I applied very late to Fordham (late January) and my applications weren't completed until early January for BU and BC.

Do you think I have any chance with my current numbers (3.25 and 170) of getting a scholarship to BU/BC/Fordham if I reapply? GW has already told me that with my GPA it would be highly difficult.

I really just can't decide it I want to go to Wash U/Illinois or not. I am going to visit both campuses (hopefully) in about 3 weeks but I'd like to have a better chance at a bigger market and don't particularly want to pay sticker anywhere......

Also, if I were to retake the LSAT in June, what do you guys think I would need to get in order to get scholarships to schools like BC/BU/Fordham/GW/Vandy/USC/UCLA/Texas/Cornell/Gtown....

Will it be damn near impossible with my GPA being so low? Thanks!!!! I feel like I have a shot at somewhere between a 170-175.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Have any low-GPA high-LSAT splitters like myself gotten scholarships to these schools?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”