Length of Review vs. Acceptance Rate

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ryegye87

Length of Review vs. Acceptance Rate

Postby ryegye87 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:05 pm

I did some slight browsing and could not find this topic anywhere, so I figured I would start it. Does anybody know from firsthand experience, or is there a general knowledge, as to the length of time one spends under review and correlation towards outcome? For example: if one's application is under review for a very long period of time, is this typically good? Bad? Indifferent? And is it the same of the opposite. If the time of review is pretty quick, what does this usually mean (although it seems to me that this usually means waitlist)?

As a note, in terms of the application, why don't we keep this discussion somewhat general and assume that all applications are within the 25-75 range, and hover close to the middle for both LSAT and GPA.

Thoughts?

Knock

Re: Length of Review vs. Acceptance Rate

Postby Knock » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Don't read anything into it.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 pm

I got into a school with a pretty big scholarship 6 months after I submitted. That being said, there are other schools that I submitted to 6 months ago who I still haven't heard from, and I don't think I'm going to get in. It probably depends on the school.

ryegye87

Postby ryegye87 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks. These were pretty much what I expected for answers, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Just to be clear, however, I'm not talking about when one submits, but rather the actual time one has an application spent under review. A lot of my apps took about six months or so to get back to me, but that was because they took forever to finally get to the review stage. I'm more concerned with the length one's application spends once under that review process (in case that wasn't clear).

Instinct tells me that if one spends a great time under review, it would mean a debate between acceptance and waitlist... don't ask me to defend this position though.

Thanks again.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”