Discplinary Record and Expungement

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

Discplinary Record and Expungement

Postby BillsFan9907 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:59 pm

I've been reading through these forums a lot and one of the topics that I've seen come up has to do with students who had a disciplinary record in undergrad but had these records subsequently expunged.

It seems like an interesting subject, but I haven't seen a definitive answer as to whether or not having a funny expunged record means that a dean's certificate would list you as not having had disciplinary sanctions or if it would say you have an expunged record.

NikaneOkie

Re: Discplinary Record and Expungement

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Seoulless wrote:I've been reading through these forums a lot and one of the topics that I've seen come up has to do with students who had a disciplinary record in undergrad but had these records subsequently expunged.

It seems like an interesting subject, but I haven't seen a definitive answer as to whether or not having a funny expunged record means that a dean's certificate would list you as not having had disciplinary sanctions or if it would say you have an expunged record.

Wouldn't the nature of an expunged record be that it was 'expunged' ?
i.e. it was erased, deleted, and/or destroyed.

BillsFan9907

Re: Discplinary Record and Expungement

Postby BillsFan9907 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:
Seoulless wrote:I've been reading through these forums a lot and one of the topics that I've seen come up has to do with students who had a disciplinary record in undergrad but had these records subsequently expunged.

Wouldn't the nature of an expunged record be that it was 'expunged' ?
i.e. it was erased, deleted, and/or destroyed.

Yup that is what I would assume from a common sense perspective, but I'm seeing conflicting information.

Not that it really matters to me - I just find it strange that there is so much debate.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”