Calling a school to find out acceptance status?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Derekj032

Calling a school to find out acceptance status?

Postby Derekj032 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Is okay to call a school to find out your acceptance status? Deposits are due 4/1 and my status checker says "decision finalized", I suppose I could receive a letter tomorrow but that seems like really short notice for a deposit due the next day. My application was deferred for review so I imagine its either a waitlist or an acceptance, seems to me it will be a waitlist with it being so close to 1st deposit time. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?

YankeesFan

Re: Calling a school to find out acceptance status?

Postby YankeesFan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 pm

I would call and first ask them since you haven't gotten your decision yet, would they mind waiting until April 15th until the deposit is due. If they say no (and they won't) don't go because they clearly suck anyways.

Derekj032

Postby Derekj032 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

YankeesFan wrote:I would call and first ask them since you haven't gotten your decision yet, would they mind waiting until April 15th until the deposit is due. If they say no (and they won't) don't go because they clearly suck anyways.

Their website clearly states that there will be no extensions on deposit deadlines...bastards

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Derekj032 wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I would call and first ask them since you haven't gotten your decision yet, would they mind waiting until April 15th until the deposit is due. If they say no (and they won't) don't go because they clearly suck anyways.

Their website clearly states that there will be no extensions on deposit deadlines...bastards

why dont you just wait to see if you get accepted? then worry about it

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:47 am

If the school sends you an acceptance letter, they want you to attend their school. They don't send them out thinking, "Meh, this guy, we can take or leave!" On top of adding valuable insight to their student body, you also add valuable tuition to their endowment :)

If you get an acceptance letter immediately before or after the deadline, call them up and let them know the situation. You can try them tomorrow to see if they'll let you know over the phone, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over the situation.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”