Does this merit sending an application update?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eskay2007

Does this merit sending an application update?

Postby eskay2007 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:26 pm

I have recently received a pretty significant (IMO) award from my undergraduate institution (PM me for the name, don't want to post it). The award basically recognizes one individual who is an outstanding leader in their respective organization, but is also a leader in other campus organizations as well as the greater community. There are a lot of good things that I have done over that past year that earned me this award, and I only briefly touched on each in my resume. Would it be appropriate for me to send in an application update to schools that are still reviewing my file?

I am planning to submit a brief, one-page update on the award and what I did to earn this recognition. Along with the update, I would basically add in a short LOCI (at least for my top school where I am still under review).

I have also spent a solid amount of time over the past two months building a website that I plan to turn into a Sole Proprietorship in the near future. The website is up-and-running, however still no where close to completion. It is a pretty neat idea (at least I think) and could show another side of my personality and abilities.

What do you all think? I know that sending in a LOCI or an update is rarely a bad idea, but I just don't want to send an update for something that adcomm's will see as meaningless. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

law4vus

Re: Does this merit sending an application update?

Postby law4vus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Yes, send it. And congratulations.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”