submitting post-BA community college work?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

submitting post-BA community college work?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Since getting my BA In 2010 I have taken some community college courses here and there for fun. Am I supposed to send that in to LSAC?
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladybug89

Re: submitting post-BA community college work?

Postby ladybug89 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 am

Nope, they only care about courses taken before first BA. You're good.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:58 am

ladybug89 wrote:Nope, they only care about courses taken before first BA. You're good.

Pretty sure that's wrong. The classes won't count toward your LSDAS GPA, but LSAC wants to see ALL transcripts.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:59 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
ladybug89 wrote:Nope, they only care about courses taken before first BA. You're good.

Pretty sure that's wrong. The classes won't count toward your LSDAS GPA, but LSAC wants to see ALL transcripts.[/quote

You got any idea what to do about an international masters? I didn't not see an option to submit that. Only domestic masters and foreign BA work.

ladybug89

Postby ladybug89 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 am

rinkrat19 wrote:

Pretty sure that's wrong. The classes won't count toward your LSDAS GPA, but LSAC wants to see ALL transcripts.

Oops, you're totally right, my bad! Looking at the website (http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp) it says they want all graduate work, including from any foreign institutions that "clearly sponsored your overseas study," so I think you do have to submit your transcripts from your foreign master's. sorry for the previous misinformation!

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 pm

ladybug89 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Oops, you're totally right, my bad! Looking at the website (http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp) it says they want all graduate work, including from any foreign institutions that "clearly sponsored your overseas study," so I think you do have to submit your transcripts from your foreign master's. sorry for the previous misinformation!

But there is no option to submit a foreign masters. Only a domestic one. If you select the masters option, it asks you whether it was in the US or Canada, and then which state/province. There is an option for US sponsored international institutions, but mine isn't US sponsored.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Seoulless wrote:
ladybug89 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

But there is no option to submit a foreign masters. Only a domestic one. If you select the masters option, it asks you whether it was in the US or Canada, and then which state/province. There is an option for US sponsored international institutions, but mine isn't US sponsored.

The answer is always to call LSAC and ask.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:57 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
The answer is always to call LSAC and ask.

This is one of the few times I would bother calling them because it seems nobody knows.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”