Gtown/GW part time program Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WmHooper

New

Gtown/GW part time program

Post by WmHooper » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm

With programs adjusting their programs due to USNWR no longer splitting full-time and part-time, can you still get into a part-time program with lower numbers? What numbers would you now need for Gtown or GW part-time? I know there probably aren't numbers available from the actual schools, so any recent admits to either part-time program please feel free to post thoughts/numbers.

androstan

Gold

Re: Gtown/GW part time program

Post by androstan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:29 pm

WmHooper wrote:With programs adjusting their programs due to USNWR no longer splitting full-time and part-time, can you still get into a part-time program with lower numbers? What numbers would you now need for Gtown or GW part-time? I know there probably aren't numbers available from the actual schools, so any recent admits to either part-time program please feel free to post thoughts/numbers.
I think they're definitely looking for PTers with FT numbers, but I just don't think the PT applicant pool is as competitive. In my estimation, they will be looking for applicants with an actual need for a PT program. An active career, for instance. They'll also be heavily geared toward applicants with at least one number above their FT median. Essentially, they'll probably be taking a lot of high LSAT splitters with WE. PT programs = Northwestern policies.

2.9/169, GW PT. Master degree, 1 year WE in my master field. Rejected ED PT at GULC (expected).

I think that, if I had scored 171, my chances at GULC would have been a lot better. As I stand, I just drag both their #'s down.

jigalion

New

Re: Gtown/GW part time program

Post by jigalion » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 pm

WmHooper wrote:With programs adjusting their programs due to USNWR no longer splitting full-time and part-time, can you still get into a part-time program with lower numbers? What numbers would you now need for Gtown or GW part-time? I know there probably aren't numbers available from the actual schools, so any recent admits to either part-time program please feel free to post thoughts/numbers.

GWU explained to me(and I may have misunderstood) that your numbers need to be competitive with full time program. They review applicants as if they would be attending FT, those accepted are allowed to choose the PT route.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”