Cooley or Hamline? RESULTS IN (Bottom Page 3)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Verity

Re: Cooley or Hamline? RESULTS IN (Bottom Page 3)

Postby Verity » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:After 8 pages of pages, you have yet to offer up a single redeeming quality of this person you supposedly call a friend (how about persistence and determination and wanting to better oneself?). You've done nothing but rip on your imaginary friend for TLS's amusement. My comment had nothing to do with snobbishness... I'm just going off of the picture you've painted for us, and you've painted one of a complete dipshit with no positive attributes. You're the one talking smack on this (non-existent) girl, and you're going to call me snobbish and elitist and sheltered? Yes, because you crossed a line. It's one thing to laugh; it's quite another to say you're too superior to associate with such a person, who is neither evil nor harmful, albeit sometimes foolish.

Also, odds are that the vast majority of TLSers will not be representing clients like this. What a silly thing to say. Right, because most of the "dipshits" on TLS that think they're getting Biglaw will actually succeed. That goes without saying, I guess.

cooleylaw2015

Postby cooleylaw2015 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:23 pm

cooley is an awesome school

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:25 pm

You can go ahead and be defensive about it, but I think the main point is that you're claiming someone as a friend (real or not) while blatantly and viciously mocking her on the internet.

Verity

Postby Verity » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Ginj wrote:You can go ahead and be defensive about it, but I think the main point is that you're claiming someone as a friend (real or not) while blatantly and viciously mocking her on the internet.

It's not vicious if I don't out her. I mean seriously, you'd have to have no sense of humor to not find this funny. But to think yourself above such a person? That's snobbish. I've said enough times in this thread that we're friends and that I care about her.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Verity wrote:
Ginj wrote:You can go ahead and be defensive about it, but I think the main point is that you're claiming someone as a friend (real or not) while blatantly and viciously mocking her on the internet.

It's not vicious if I don't out her. I mean seriously, you'd have to have no sense of humor to not find this funny. But to think yourself above such a person? That's snobbish. I've said enough times in this thread that we're friends and that I care about her.

I guess some of us just have a different understanding of friendship.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:02 pm

This this this. You've done nothing but trash this girl and you're calling US out for it? GTFO

I also like how you've made this a class issue. You know nothing about my background or the causes I care about. Rich or poor, the girl sounds ridiculous (because you painted her as such).

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Why are you guys arguing about this imaginary girl? Even that cause celebre is a bit too weird, IMO.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:21 pm

It's possible on some tests to get a 135 by picking a letter and sticking to it through the entire ordeal.

Verity

Postby Verity » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:46 pm

romothesavior wrote:

This this this. You've done nothing but trash this girl and you're calling US out for it? GTFO

I also like how you've made this a class issue. You know nothing about my background or the causes I care about. Rich or poor, the girl sounds ridiculous (because you painted her as such).

I know you're an elitist, federalist snob. I definitely admit my friend is foolish. But she's still my friend, and I haven't harmed her in anyway as long as I've kept her identity safe. Laughing at her character doesn't negate our friendship, nor should the impulse to do so destroy it. But I guess you're above all of that. Good luck working on all of those "causes," benevolent as I'm sure they are.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:18 pm

No longer best thread on TLS. :(

PitchO20

Postby PitchO20 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Jesus christ, people. Have we come to the point where we argue over fictional characters created for our amusement? Verity's funny, her 'friend' is funny. Leave it be.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 pm

PitchO20 wrote:Jesus christ, people. Have we come to the point where we argue over fictional characters created for our amusement? Verity's funny, her 'friend' is funny. Leave it be.

:oops:

I got trolled. Ill admit it. At least I got called a member of the Federalist society. That was lulzy.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:
PitchO20 wrote:Jesus christ, people. Have we come to the point where we argue over fictional characters created for our amusement? Verity's funny, her 'friend' is funny. Leave it be.

:oops:

I got trolled. Ill admit it. At least I got called a member of the Federalist society. That was lulzy.

lol

westinghouse60

Postby westinghouse60 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:11 pm

There is a 3rd possibility, that OP's friend is real but exaggerated ITT.

Verity

Postby Verity » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:20 pm

/thread

Postby 20160810 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Verity wrote:/thread

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”