CPA vs MAcc

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
robotclubmember

Re: CPA vs MAcc

Postby robotclubmember » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:I took OP's comments to mean he didn't get his first degree in accounting. Can't really tell based on the OP though. If OP did get his bachelor's in accounting then I would agree for the most part

It appears that he will be CPA eligible without the master's degree, upon closer inspection. Which further inclines me to vote nay on the MACC idea.

TheCaptain wrote:I've decided to study accounting at the University of Texas at Dallas before heading to law school. It would take me one year to finish the required classes for the CPA (I know there is also a work requirement) whereas it would take a year and a half to earn a master's in accounting.

birdlaw117

Re: CPA vs MAcc

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:24 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I took OP's comments to mean he didn't get his first degree in accounting. Can't really tell based on the OP though. If OP did get his bachelor's in accounting then I would agree for the most part

It appears that he will be CPA eligible without the master's degree, upon closer inspection. Which further inclines me to vote nay on the MACC idea.

TheCaptain wrote:I've decided to study accounting at the University of Texas at Dallas before heading to law school. It would take me one year to finish the required classes for the CPA (I know there is also a work requirement) whereas it would take a year and a half to earn a master's in accounting.

Probably true. The only thing would be that if the year vs year and a half starts in the spring it may be beneficial to get the MAcc simply because otherwise there is lost time in there. At this point we're splitting hairs though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”