LSAC and online schools.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alicate

LSAC and online schools.

Postby alicate » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello!
First time poster here.
My question is regarding the LSAC GPA convertion and what transcripts do they need me to send. I called and asked but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience.
In 2004 I took some online classes at Kaplan University Online. I think I was in the Paralegal Associates program. It was a total wate of my time and money but at the moment it seemed like a good idea.
In 2008, I decided to go to a Community College, get some credits and transfer into a four year school. When I enrolled the institution rejected all of my credits from Kaplan. Kaplan sent them an official transcript and what not but the school said they couldn't accept credits from Kaplan.
Fastforward to 2010 and I transfered to a traditional four year school. I asked the admissions advisor if I needed to send in a transcript from Kaplan and he said that I didn't have to because I wasn't going to receive any transfer credits just like the CC had said.
Now what do I do? Does LSAC "classify" Kaplan Online as a real accredited school or not. If they do, would this credits be in converted into my cummulative GPA?
If they are I really ruined my 4.00 GPA from CC and my 3.92 current GPA with the mediocre 3.2 I recall having from Kaplan.
Thanks for your help

ladybug89

Re: LSAC and online schools.

Postby ladybug89 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Kaplan is an accredited school so yes LSAC will count the grades and you need to submit the transcript. Which is frustrating, sorry =/

alicate

Re: LSAC and online schools.

Postby alicate » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Ha! ofcourse they do. Thise credits were useless towards my degree but count towards my total UG GPA. Does this matter to schools a lot? Is the LSAC GPA the only one that counts?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”