Thanks and a few questions...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dhbzz

Thanks and a few questions...

Postby dhbzz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 am

Last edited by dhbzz on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno

Re: Thanks and a few questions...

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 am

1. Don't know.

2. Tutor/Courses don't matter. It's all about having the self motivation. You can't buy your way into a good LSAT score.

3. You would need new letters.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:44 am

Actually, according to the LSAC website "Letters and evaluations sent to LSAC remain the property of LSAC and will remain active for the life of your file. Letters and evaluations will be neither returned to nor copied for the candidate."

Therefore, the LORs are good for the 5 years that your CAS account is active. You may, however, over the course of a few years find that those are irrelevant to your current life situation. I think a law school would want something more current.

As for studying...I think self study is just as good as those classes. I spent about 200 dollars in books and went from a 154 to a 165 in about 6 months--and I was not very regimented in my study plan.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:46 am

1. Employment is employment. The position being full-time, paid, etc. is less important than you getting experience in something and being in a professional work environment. As long as your spending your time doing something besides sitting on the couch watching soaps, you're fine.

2. I self-studied, so I really don't know.

3. LSAC will keep LORs on file for 5 years. After that you would need new letters.

dhbzz

Postby dhbzz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 am

Last edited by dhbzz on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

almightypush

Postby almightypush » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

whymeohgodno wrote:

Completely incorrect. I applied to law schools this cycle using LORs collected from my professors during senior year of UG (2005).

edit - i see others have touched on this already... oh, well.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 am

almightypush wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Completely incorrect. I applied to law schools this cycle using LORs collected from my professors during senior year of UG (2005).

I've heard that you should have at least 1 new LOR from an employer or wherever you have been employed/studying if you graduated longer than 2 years ago.

youarereadingthis

Postby youarereadingthis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
almightypush wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

I've heard that you should have at least 1 new LOR from an employer or wherever you have been employed/studying if you graduated longer than 2 years ago.

You heard wrong.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”