I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thepete
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

Postby thepete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi guys, before I get started, let me share some info about myself..
I have been accepted to two schools so far (school A and school B), (I haven't received letters from any other schools, partially due to my late application completion) and have been offered a 22k scholly from school B (similar ranking as A but bit lower).

Right now, I am trying to negotiate with school A for some scholarship money, as they have offered me nada.
Now the question is, should I send in my letter asking for reconsideration of scholarship money now, or should I wait until I hear from other schools that might offer me some scholly money?

I am not sure if I want to wait longer since the seat deposit date is approaching, and I am afraid that I might be too late to ask for any reconsideration.

Can any angels out here in TLS help me?! :oops:

Thanks!
Last edited by thepete on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

thepete
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

Postby thepete » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Any love?

User avatar
RockyIII
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

Postby RockyIII » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Reapply next cycle

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

Postby txadv11 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Send now. Aren't your deadlines for seat deposits (money in hand) two weeks from tomorrow?

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

Postby Verity » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:15 pm

You could always hold the dean's family ransom.

thepete
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Re: I need help with my scholarship negotation!!

Postby thepete » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:15 am

Actually, it's April 29th so I have little over a month.. Should I wait a little more to hear from other law schools to increase my negotiating leverage or should I just send in what I got?

Thanks a lot.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], kpadoreo and 2 guests