Cardozo at sticker or Hofstra with 25k yr scholly?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Cardozo sticker vs. Hofstra 25k a year (top 40% stip)

Cardozo
64%
Hofstra (25k)
36%

Total votes: 33

lawfreak

Re: Cardozo at sticker or Hofstra with 25k yr scholly?

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 pm

nyclawstudent wrote:I would go to Cardozo, esp if you live in the city. Cardozo will put you in a better pool to get your first job. And if you are a good lawyer you will get an even better job from there. Most likely, it will be your ability to network though, not your grades and your school that will get you the interviews that lead to your first job. Obv if you were at Harvard that'd be a different story. But not everyone is in the 99th percentile of the LSATs. Plus I'd think if you were living in NY that traveling to LI everyday would be annoying. What about money at BK? Did you apply there?

Also, you're better off not asking questions on this site. 99% of the people on these message boards are the kids that have no friends in real life. Saying they would take a bullet over choosing between 2 law schools is absurd. You are asking a perfectly reasonable question. I can only imagine what these people are like in real life. I picture a bunch of kids sitting around playing World of Warcraft, never get laid and have no social skills.

Thanks for your help, and yes, I do recognize that this site is filled with smelly fartholes, but I figure I've got nothing to lose by posting anonymously on this site. I have only to gain that maybe a few normal people like yourself or rule11 will give me honest and helpful advice.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:56 pm

It shouldn't shock a single poster on here that the OP has already taken the test 3 times and blowing 200k on Cardozo is the best he can do.

lawfreak wrote:
nyclawstudent wrote:I would go to Cardozo, esp if you live in the city. Cardozo will put you in a better pool to get your first job. And if you are a good lawyer you will get an even better job from there. Most likely, it will be your ability to network though, not your grades and your school that will get you the interviews that lead to your first job. Obv if you were at Harvard that'd be a different story. But not everyone is in the 99th percentile of the LSATs. Plus I'd think if you were living in NY that traveling to LI everyday would be annoying. What about money at BK? Did you apply there?

Also, you're better off not asking questions on this site. 99% of the people on these message boards are the kids that have no friends in real life. Saying they would take a bullet over choosing between 2 law schools is absurd. You are asking a perfectly reasonable question. I can only imagine what these people are like in real life. I picture a bunch of kids sitting around playing World of Warcraft, never get laid and have no social skills.

Thanks for your help, and yes, I do recognize that this site is filled with smelly fartholes, but I figure I've got nothing to lose by posting anonymously on this site. I have only to gain that maybe a few normal people like yourself or rule11 will give me honest and helpful advice.

Like, what the fuck are you talking about? And why is this topic in this forum when there is one explicitly stated "Choosing a Law School"?
Last edited by FeelTheHeat on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:00 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Like, what the fuck are you talking about? And why is this topic in this forum when there is one explicitly state "Choosing a Law School"?

There's a reason OP failed the LSAT three times.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Like, what the fuck are you talking about? And why is this topic in this forum when there is one explicitly state "Choosing a Law School"?

No one aksed you to read my thread!!! If you have a problem then beat it! Apparently you enjoy my threads because you wouldn't be commenting otherwise.

RockyIII

Postby RockyIII » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 pm

lawfreak wrote:
Like, what the fuck are you talking about? And why is this topic in this forum when there is one explicitly state "Choosing a Law School"?

No one aksed you to read my thread!!! If you have a problem then beat it! Apparently you enjoy my threads because you wouldn't be commenting otherwise.

I enjoy them because you are so stupid/ignorant that it's funny.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:05 pm

OGR3 wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:Like, what the fuck are you talking about? And why is this topic in this forum when there is one explicitly state "Choosing a Law School"?

Ha and you say that I failed the LSAT three times!? You're the one in a half ass law school ranked 17 schools lower then Cardozo. I'd think twice if I were you before bashing those of superior intelligence to you!

Rule11

Postby Rule11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:05 pm

I wish you were real, and that you would stay like this forever.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Rule11 wrote:I wish you were real, and that you would stay like this forever.

I love TLS lol

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Rule11 wrote:I wish you were real, and that you would stay like this forever.

:?:

OGR3

Postby OGR3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 pm

lawfreak wrote:
OGR3 wrote:

Ha and you say that I failed the LSAT three times!? You're the one in a half ass law school ranked 17 schools lower then Cardozo. I'd think twice if I were you before bashing those of superior intelligence to you!

You're my favorite troll of all time.

I'll take the top school in my preferred region with a hefty scholarship over Cardozo at sticker any day.

Just for the record, I got into schools ranked higher than Cardozo AND I got more money from Hofstra.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm

AND I got more money from Hofstra.

Like what, did you get 26k a year!? OMG you're a freakin Einstein! Are you happy now? Do you feel better about your self esteem?

RockyIII

Postby RockyIII » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 pm

You think OP chose his username because he's a freak in bed? Only one way to find out...

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

--ImageRemoved--

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

RockyIII wrote:You think OP chose his username because he's a freak in bed? Only one way to find out...

If I were you, I'd be careful with what you say, cuz it just may not be a pretty ending for you.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:--ImageRemoved--

LMAO!!! So are you insinuating that the person in the pic is of superior intelligence to you!? Way to go for bashing yourself when you tried so hard to find that pic and use it against me :lol:

RockyIII

Postby RockyIII » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 pm

lawfreak wrote:
LMAO!!! So are you insinuating that the person in the pic is of superior intelligence to you!? Way to go for bashing yourself when you tried so hard to find that pic and use it against me :lol:

Oh right I forgot we were in 2nd grade again.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 pm

RockyIII wrote:
lawfreak wrote:

The OP is a goddamn meme machine its like a fountain of bullshit lol

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

RockyIII wrote:
lawfreak wrote:

Yes that's right, I think you should take a closer look at your posts and tell me whether that statement applies to you :lol:

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:37 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
RockyIII wrote:
lawfreak wrote:

The OP is a goddamn meme machine its like a fountain of bullshit lol

Are you capable of posting something that doesn't include profanity?

Oh right, that was dumb of me, I should have just looked at your avatar pic and realized that was a dumb question.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Holy shit...

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:42 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Holy shit...

It's your choice to interpret that statement however you choose :mrgreen:

RockyIII

Postby RockyIII » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm

The way I see it is that you are a bigot and I REALLY hope you attend Cardozo at sticker and end up with massive amounts of debt

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm

RockyIII wrote:The way I see it is that you are a bigot and I REALLY hope you attend Cardozo at sticker and end up with massive amounts of debt

I wish the same for you!

Oh, and for your info, no one cares about the way you see it.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Dear OP,

Would you walk into a bank and ask for a business loan with NO PLAN, entering into a saturated market, where customer are scarce and the work is grueling. Plus, success is not a matter of hard work but of mostly blind luck. 75% of the businesses failed. And if the banker said, "alright, I will give you a 250k loan but it is non dischargable. The only way to get rid of this loan is pay it back, or by death, disability or fleeing the country." Would you accept this loan?

HarlandBassett

Postby HarlandBassett » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:37 pm

gwuorbust wrote:Dear OP,

Would you walk into a bank and ask for a business loan with NO PLAN, entering into a saturated market, where customer are scarce and the work is grueling. Plus, success is not a matter of hard work but of mostly blind luck. 75% of the businesses failed. And if the banker said, "alright, I will give you a 250k loan but it is non dischargable. The only way to get rid of this loan is pay it back, or by death, disability or fleeing the country." Would you accept this loan?

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/11/even-if- ... they-care/

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”