Cardozo at sticker or Hofstra with 25k yr scholly? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Cardozo sticker vs. Hofstra 25k a year (top 40% stip)

Cardozo
64%
Hofstra (25k)
36%

Total votes: 33

lawfreak

Bronze

Cardozo at sticker or Hofstra with 25k yr scholly?

Post by lawfreak » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:18 pm

I know I once posted a similar thread but things have changed since. These are my final choices for now and Cardozo moved up in the new 2012 rankings to #50 and is now a tier 1 law school. Hofstra also moved up a little to #84, which is tied with Rutgers.

I want to add that although Hofstra does have the scholarship offer, it comes with a top 40% stipulation and I would have to travel more to get to Hofstra as opposed to Cardozo.

Thanks once again for your help!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Cardozo at sticker or Hofstra with 25k yr scholly?

Post by bk1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 pm

lawfreak wrote:Cardozo moved up in the new 2012 rankings to #50 and is now a tier 1 law school. Hofstra also moved up a little to #84, which is tied with Rutgers.
You have enough posts here to know this doesn't mean shit.

dissonance1848

Silver

Post by dissonance1848 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:24 pm

What were your other choices? Given the state of the legal market, neither one is a good bet.

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Just like I said before, neither.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:49 pm

rad law wrote:Just like I said before, neither.
Don't give me this neither business. Just assume that someone put a gun to your head and said you have to choose between these schools and vote or voice your opinion based on that criteria.

dissonance1848

Silver

Post by dissonance1848 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm

That is simply not the case. You have the option of waiting it out and retaking, which you should, and considering your options further.

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm

lawfreak wrote:
Don't give me this neither business. Just assume that someone put a gun to your head and said you have to choose between these schools and vote or voice your opinion based on that criteria.
I'd take the bullet.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:57 pm

OGR3 wrote:
lawfreak wrote:
I'd take the bullet.
Ok to make you wanna be funny folks happy, assume that you are forced to decide between these 2 choices and there are no alternatives, even death.

And to the dude who said I have the option of retaking, you are wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dissonance1848

Silver

Post by dissonance1848 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Seriously, what is the constraint that is forcing your hand?

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 pm

For the love of God, just answer his question based on his two choices. If you read or seen his previous threads/posts, you know that he is "maxed out" on LSAT and wants to matriculate this fall. Let's not waste another one of his threads with two pages of arguments about the virtues of retaking/reapplying.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:18 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:For the love of God, just answer his question based on his two choices. If you read or seen his previous threads/posts, you know that he is "maxed out" on LSAT and wants to matriculate this fall. Let's not waste another one of his threads with two pages of arguments about the virtues of retaking/reapplying.
Yeah let's ignore the two best choices and instead encourage OP into financial suicide!

But I voted Carodoz. top 40% stip sucks.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:For the love of God, just answer his question based on his two choices. If you read or seen his previous threads/posts, you know that he is "maxed out" on LSAT and wants to matriculate this fall. Let's not waste another one of his threads with two pages of arguments about the virtues of retaking/reapplying.
Yeah let's ignore the two best choices and instead encourage OP into financial suicide!

Like I said, if you have seen his other threads, you will know that he is not going to follow the advice of retake and reapply, so it is not worth arguing about it in yet another one of his threads. While it is good advice, he is not having any of it so just give him the answer that he wants (that Cardozo is worth it because he obviously cares wayyyy too much about the rankings).
Last edited by MrPapagiorgio on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Like I said, if you have seen his other threads, you will know that he is not going to follow the advice of retake and reapply, so it is not worth arguing about it in yet another one of his threads.
It is because of his lulzy insults. My favorite was hose brain?

chicago520

New

Post by chicago520 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:23 pm

go to hofstra. you are too dumb to go to cardozo. they will eat you alive there and you will be near the bottom. :twisted:

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Like I said, if you have seen his other threads, you will know that he is not going to follow the advice of retake and reapply, so it is not worth arguing about it in yet another one of his threads.
It is because of his lulzy insults. My favorite was hose brain?
I'm pretty sure he's told me to rot in hell before. That made me smile.

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm

OP is in denial about being totally fucked.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 pm

alexonfyre wrote:OP is in denial about being totally fucked.
--ImageRemoved--

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:33 pm

HarlandBassett wrote:
alexonfyre wrote:OP is in denial about being totally fucked.
--ImageRemoved--
Mitchell and Webb Look Marathon.
Thank you sir for deciding my night after finishing my LOR emails.

nyclawstudent

New

Post by nyclawstudent » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 pm

I would go to Cardozo, esp if you live in the city. Cardozo will put you in a better pool to get your first job. And if you are a good lawyer you will get an even better job from there. Most likely, it will be your ability to network though, not your grades and your school that will get you the interviews that lead to your first job. Obv if you were at Harvard that'd be a different story. But not everyone is in the 99th percentile of the LSATs. Plus I'd think if you were living in NY that traveling to LI everyday would be annoying. What about money at BK? Did you apply there?

Also, you're better off not asking questions on this site. 99% of the people on these message boards are the kids that have no friends in real life. Saying they would take a bullet over choosing between 2 law schools is absurd. You are asking a perfectly reasonable question. I can only imagine what these people are like in real life. I picture a bunch of kids sitting around playing World of Warcraft, never get laid and have no social skills.

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:54 pm

nyclawstudent wrote:Also, you're better off not asking questions on this site. 99% of the people on these message boards are the kids that have no friends in real life. Saying they would take a bullet over choosing between 2 law schools is absurd. You are asking a perfectly reasonable question. I can only imagine what these people are like in real life. I picture a bunch of kids sitting around playing World of Warcraft, never get laid and have no social skills.
that must be it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:57 pm

nyclawstudent wrote:Also, you're better off not asking questions on this site. 99% of the people on these message boards are the kids that have no friends in real life. Saying they would take a bullet over choosing between 2 law schools is absurd. You are asking a perfectly reasonable question. I can only imagine what these people are like in real life. I picture a bunch of kids sitting around playing World of Warcraft, never get laid and have no social skills.
Incorrect. Instead, picture a bunch of kids going to real law schools trying to stop people from making horrible fucking decisions.

OP, I'm sure you will be the 1% case that gets Wachtell/ACLU/Manhattan DA from one of these festering shitholes. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS AND SHOOT FOR THE MOON EVEN IF YOU MISS YOU'LL BE AMONG THE STARS

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 pm

TTH wrote:Incorrect. Instead, picture a bunch of kids going to real law schools trying to stop people from making horrible fucking decisions.
+1
TTH wrote:FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS AND SHOOT FOR THE MOON EVEN IF YOU MISS YOU'LL BE AMONG THE STARS
-1 for useless metaphors :D

Rule11

Bronze

Post by Rule11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Definitely do Cardozo. Also look into their summer study abroad programs and perhaps an LL.M afterward. The added debt will not be an issue because you'll get biglaw, and even if you don't, there are prestigious international NGOs that pay on the biglaw scale desperately looking for people with LL.Ms in IP law to prosecute cyberwar crimes. Hofstra is great, too, but there's a small chance of missing biglaw and having to work 9-5 lifestyle midlaw for a few years afterward.

lawfreak

Bronze

Post by lawfreak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 pm

You may be a bitch, but at least you're not ignorant like a lot of other people on this site.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”