The reason for huge drop of Emory

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
YourCaptain

Re: The reason for huge drop of Emory

Postby YourCaptain » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:25 pm

flcath wrote:
keg411 wrote:
sanetruth wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:The fact that almost 40% of their grads can't find jobs is a bit disturbing.

I'm confused. Aren't 40% of students at every school outside of HYSCCNP having a hard time finding jobs too?

Egregious UPenn State trolling

Good. People have been going to hard on Penn; it's a ivy league school, and thus clearly the best of MVP.

It's just 'cause of all this Sandusky shit that people are putting down the entire institution.

just STYLING with the TWISTS like M.Night Shyamalan!

sportsstar1234

Postby sportsstar1234 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Does anyone think Emory is worth it with 10k a year (30k total)? Best school I got into, but I am concerned with debt.

NR3C1

Postby NR3C1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 pm

sportsstar1234 wrote:Does anyone think Emory is worth it with 10k a year (30k total)? Best school I got into, but I am concerned with debt.

Depends on the opportunity cost. If not Emory, what? What's your degree, GPA, passions, age, etc?

Overall, though, I think that paying for law school and losing three years of income and work experience is a pretty stupid idea for the foreseeable future.

EDIT:
And... a big deal about going to law school is that it puts one on a different career path, one that makes a lot of people unhappy. Practicing law is almost the opposite of what one sees as practicing law on TV. It is boring and repetitive. A task particularly well-suited for software. Software will soon replace countless lawyers.

EDIT 2:

The COA for Emory is about 230K. Subtract 30K and we get 200K. And that is without considering the interest! No way that is worth it, but I am curious to see what your other options are.

EDIT 3: With interest included (6.8%), your total payment will amount to 276K IF you pay the loan in 10 years, more if it takes you longer.

HarlandBassett

Postby HarlandBassett » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 pm

NR3C1 wrote:
sportsstar1234 wrote:Does anyone think Emory is worth it with 10k a year (30k total)? Best school I got into, but I am concerned with debt.

Depends on the opportunity cost. If not Emory, what? What's your degree, GPA, passions, age, etc?

exactly.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”