looks like American's holding on for dear life

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gradesmatter

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby gradesmatter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 am

Wonder if they'll continue to stay T1?

User avatar
red_alertz

Bronze
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby red_alertz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:35 pm

american will be fine... they gotta be

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio

Gold
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Doesn't matter. It seems like American is a dumping ground for students who want DC but couldn't get into the T14 or better DC schools. And I say dumping ground because its grads are screwed (there is a thread around here somewhere stating that American grads are currently among the least employed law grads).

User avatar
red_alertz

Bronze
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby red_alertz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Doesn't matter. It seems like American is a dumping ground for students who want DC but couldn't get into the T14 or better DC schools. And I say dumping ground because its grads are screwed (there is a thread around here somewhere stating that American grads are currently among the least employed law grads).


way to go, American is my only acceptance so far, yeh!

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio

Gold
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:15 pm

red_alertz wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:Doesn't matter. It seems like American is a dumping ground for students who want DC but couldn't get into the T14 or better DC schools. And I say dumping ground because its grads are screwed (there is a thread around here somewhere stating that American grads are currently among the least employed law grads).


way to go, American is my only acceptance so far, yeh!

Accepted and attending are two different beasts.

User avatar
red_alertz

Bronze
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby red_alertz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:37 pm

so... would you say it's a waste attending american?

User avatar
niederbomb

Silver
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby niederbomb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:43 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Doesn't matter. It seems like American is a dumping ground for students who want DC but couldn't get into the T14 or better DC schools. And I say dumping ground because its grads are screwed (there is a thread around here somewhere stating that American grads are currently among the least employed law grads).


You forgot Catholic U. :D

User avatar
TTH

Diamond
Posts: 10470
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 pm

red_alertz wrote:so... would you say it's a waste attending american?.

FiveSermon

Gold
Posts: 1505
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby FiveSermon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Holding onto what? Their status as a TTT in T1 clothing?

User avatar
red_alertz

Bronze
Posts: 435
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby red_alertz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:37 pm

well, realistically speaking, is american's reputation as bad as TTT?

TheFactor

Silver
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby TheFactor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:38 pm

red_alertz wrote:well, realistically speaking, is american's reputation as bad as TTT?

yes

User avatar
nightman09

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am

Re: looks like American's holding on for dear life

Postby nightman09 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 pm

red_alertz wrote:well, realistically speaking, is american's reputation as bad as TTT?


Among the human rights/PI community in DC, no. Among the BigLaw of DC, probably.


MrPapagiorgio wrote:Doesn't matter. It seems like American is a dumping ground for students who want DC but couldn't get into the T14 or better DC schools. And I say dumping ground because its grads are screwed (there is a thread around here somewhere stating that American grads are currently among the least employed law grads).


Also, where is this?



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests