T13, T14, or T15

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Choose wisely

T13
177
61%
T14
73
25%
T15
42
14%
 
Total votes: 292

User avatar
alexonfyre
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby alexonfyre » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

24% of respondants go to GULC, 13% go to UT.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 pm

T13

/thread

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:T13.

DNC are just as good as MVPB. You can't say that about UT or Gtown.

In all seriousness (not just giving GULC shit right now),

THIS is the credited response.

cornellbeez
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:43 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby cornellbeez » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Why would t13 be better? Top 10 would be better but not t13


Because their really isn't a discernible difference between any of the lower t13. Arbitrary cutting it off at 10 makes no sense.

Y
HS
CCN
MVPBDNC
G
T-V-Ucla-USC
TTT


I'm not really denying that but the post I was responding to said that lawyers always talk about the top 10 so it should be top 13 rather than top 14. There is some difference between top 10 and the rest of the top 13 in academia FWIW which matches rather nicely with the difference between CCN and placement at top vault firms. Idk if top 10 is that much off from top 6.


Academia shouldn't be a factor because it's tiny part of the legal field. But even then it's Yale > Harvard > stanford > LOL > Uchi >> Mich > LOL ROTF > TTT


LOL before Stanford

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:51 pm

cornellbeez wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Academia shouldn't be a factor because it's tiny part of the legal field. But even then it's Yale > Harvard > stanford > LOL > Uchi >> Mich > LOL ROTF > TTT


LOL before Stanford

SOMEBODY has to teach IP, dude.

User avatar
Malcolm8X
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby Malcolm8X » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 am

flcath wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:T13.

DNC are just as good as MVPB. You can't say that about UT or Gtown.

In all seriousness (not just giving GULC shit right now),

THIS is the credited response.


Fixed.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 am

Thank god this thread exists, or else where would we be recycling old, unfunny "TTT" jokes.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby rayiner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 am

cornellbeez wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Because their really isn't a discernible difference between any of the lower t13. Arbitrary cutting it off at 10 makes no sense.

Y
HS
CCN
MVPBDNC
G
T-V-Ucla-USC
TTT


I'm not really denying that but the post I was responding to said that lawyers always talk about the top 10 so it should be top 13 rather than top 14. There is some difference between top 10 and the rest of the top 13 in academia FWIW which matches rather nicely with the difference between CCN and placement at top vault firms. Idk if top 10 is that much off from top 6.


Academia shouldn't be a factor because it's tiny part of the legal field. But even then it's Yale > Harvard > stanford > LOL > Uchi >> Mich > LOL ROTF > TTT


LOL before Stanford


http://leiterrankings.com/new/2011_LawTeachers.shtml

It's:

Y > LOL > Harvard = Stanford = Chicago > ROFLMAO > TTT.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2555
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby androstan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:11 pm

It's TGWU

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby Renne Walker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 pm

I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!

Image

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:34 am

Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!
Who uses the T14 terminology in real life anyway? Aside from the fact that (a) all non-lawyers, (b) most practicing lawyers, and (c) many law students have no idea what you're talking about, unless you go to GULC, you're grouping your school in with deeply inferior schools.

That's not anti-GULC trolling; I'm serious. I can't imagine a CCN person talking about attending "a T14" anymore than I could imagine a HYP undergrad talking about attending "an R1 Carnegie research university." I mean, the term is useful on internet fora devoted to law school pissing contests, but the IRL opportunities for use are highly limited.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:59 am

flcath wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!
Who uses the T14 terminology in real life anyway? Aside from the fact that (a) all non-lawyers, (b) most practicing lawyers, and (c) many law students have no idea what you're talking about, unless you go to GULC, you're grouping your school in with deeply inferior schools.

That's not anti-GULC trolling; I'm serious. I can't imagine a CCN person talking about attending "a T14" anymore than I could imagine a HYP undergrad talking about attending "an R1 Carnegie research university." I mean, the term is useful on internet fora devoted to law school pissing contests, but the IRL opportunities for use are highly limited.

Really? You aren't over this yet? You've been posting the same thing over and over for 2 days now. It's especially ridiculous to bump this thread again to say the same thing you said on each of the 3 previous pages.

Actually, I'll give you a little credit. You changed your words, just not your point.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
flcath wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!
Who uses the T14 terminology in real life anyway? Aside from the fact that (a) all non-lawyers, (b) most practicing lawyers, and (c) many law students have no idea what you're talking about, unless you go to GULC, you're grouping your school in with deeply inferior schools.

That's not anti-GULC trolling; I'm serious. I can't imagine a CCN person talking about attending "a T14" anymore than I could imagine a HYP undergrad talking about attending "an R1 Carnegie research university." I mean, the term is useful on internet fora devoted to law school pissing contests, but the IRL opportunities for use are highly limited.

Really? You aren't over this yet? You've been posting the same thing over and over for 2 days now. It's especially ridiculous to bump this thread again to say the same thing you said on each of the 3 previous pages.

Actually, I'll give you a little credit. You changed your words, just not your point.

Did you mean to reply to this post?

I ask b/c the other night I was anti-GULC trolling hardcore (probably a dozen posts saying the same thing), and you would've been totally correct. Here I'm talking about, in real life, how ofter do say (or hear someone use) the "T14" terminology. I'm contending that it (and T13 or T15, if they catch on) are useful on TLS, XO, ATL, etc., but not in real-world conversations, where you'd just say the names of the schools involved.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't see why a YLS kid would talk about attending a T6, either. Does that example make you more comfortable?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 am

flcath wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
flcath wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!
Who uses the T14 terminology in real life anyway? Aside from the fact that (a) all non-lawyers, (b) most practicing lawyers, and (c) many law students have no idea what you're talking about, unless you go to GULC, you're grouping your school in with deeply inferior schools.

That's not anti-GULC trolling; I'm serious. I can't imagine a CCN person talking about attending "a T14" anymore than I could imagine a HYP undergrad talking about attending "an R1 Carnegie research university." I mean, the term is useful on internet fora devoted to law school pissing contests, but the IRL opportunities for use are highly limited.

Really? You aren't over this yet? You've been posting the same thing over and over for 2 days now. It's especially ridiculous to bump this thread again to say the same thing you said on each of the 3 previous pages.

Actually, I'll give you a little credit. You changed your words, just not your point.

Did you mean to reply to this post?

I ask b/c the other night I was anti-GULC trolling hardcore (probably a dozen posts saying the same thing), and you would've been totally correct. Here I'm talking about, in real life, how ofter do say (or hear someone use) the "T14" terminology. I'm contending that it (and T13 or T15, if they catch on) are useful on TLS, XO, ATL, etc., but not in real-world conversations, where you'd just say the names of the schools involved.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't see why a YLS kid would talk about attending a T6, either. Does that example make you more comfortable?

I'm not disagreeing with the point. I'm just against beating a dead horse.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 am

birdlaw117 wrote:I'm not disagreeing with the point. I'm just against beating a dead horse.

You are on the WRONG discussion board, then.

User avatar
XxSpyKEx
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:48 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby XxSpyKEx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:30 am

Dumb, pointless thread is dumb and pointless. This thread is xoxo worthy.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 am

XxSpyKEx wrote:Dumb, pointless thread is dumb and pointless. This thread is xoxo worthy.

xo is funny.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 am

Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!


Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby flcath » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!


Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!

There should be alot more advocacy on TLS for the idea that DNC is as good as MVP.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

flcath wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!


Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!

There should be alot more advocacy on TLS for the idea that DNC is as good as MVP.


I think the problem is the acronym for Duke, Northwestern, Cornell (DNC) is the same as the acronym for the Democratic National Committee. It's gonna rub some people the wrong way.

User avatar
alexonfyre
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby alexonfyre » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
flcath wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!


Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!

There should be alot more advocacy on TLS for the idea that DNC is as good as MVP.


I think the problem is the acronym for Duke, Northwestern, Cornell (DNC) is the same as the acronym for the Democratic National Committee. It's gonna rub some people the wrong way.


Also, "Do Not Contact"

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 am

alexonfyre wrote:Also, "Do Not Contact"


And "Dingos Need Children" for food.

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby Leira7905 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:04 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
alexonfyre wrote:Also, "Do Not Contact"


And "Dingos Need Children" for food.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
mfeller2
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Postby mfeller2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
flcath wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!


Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!

There should be alot more advocacy on TLS for the idea that DNC is as good as MVP.


I think the problem is the acronym for Duke, Northwestern, Cornell (DNC) is the same as the acronym for the Democratic National Committee. It's gonna rub some people the wrong way.


DNC always makes me think of Planned Parenthood, this thread is stupid.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], woojin1287, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests