T13, T14, or T15 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Choose wisely

T13
60%
T14
26%
T15
14%

Total votes: 298

alexonfyre

Bronze

Re: T13, T14, or T15

Post by alexonfyre » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

24% of respondants go to GULC, 13% go to UT.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 pm

T13

/thread

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:T13.

DNC are just as good as MVPB. You can't say that about UT or Gtown.
In all seriousness (not just giving GULC shit right now),

THIS is the credited response.

cornellbeez

Bronze

Post by cornellbeez » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Why would t13 be better? Top 10 would be better but not t13
Because their really isn't a discernible difference between any of the lower t13. Arbitrary cutting it off at 10 makes no sense.

Y
HS
CCN
MVPBDNC
G
T-V-Ucla-USC
TTT
I'm not really denying that but the post I was responding to said that lawyers always talk about the top 10 so it should be top 13 rather than top 14. There is some difference between top 10 and the rest of the top 13 in academia FWIW which matches rather nicely with the difference between CCN and placement at top vault firms. Idk if top 10 is that much off from top 6.
Academia shouldn't be a factor because it's tiny part of the legal field. But even then it's Yale > Harvard > stanford > LOL > Uchi >> Mich > LOL ROTF > TTT
LOL before Stanford

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:51 pm

cornellbeez wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Academia shouldn't be a factor because it's tiny part of the legal field. But even then it's Yale > Harvard > stanford > LOL > Uchi >> Mich > LOL ROTF > TTT
LOL before Stanford
SOMEBODY has to teach IP, dude.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Malcolm8X

Bronze

Post by Malcolm8X » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 am

flcath wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:T13.

DNC are just as good as MVPB. You can't say that about UT or Gtown.
In all seriousness (not just giving GULC shit right now),

THIS is the credited response.
Fixed.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 am

Thank god this thread exists, or else where would we be recycling old, unfunny "TTT" jokes.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 am

cornellbeez wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Because their really isn't a discernible difference between any of the lower t13. Arbitrary cutting it off at 10 makes no sense.

Y
HS
CCN
MVPBDNC
G
T-V-Ucla-USC
TTT
I'm not really denying that but the post I was responding to said that lawyers always talk about the top 10 so it should be top 13 rather than top 14. There is some difference between top 10 and the rest of the top 13 in academia FWIW which matches rather nicely with the difference between CCN and placement at top vault firms. Idk if top 10 is that much off from top 6.
Academia shouldn't be a factor because it's tiny part of the legal field. But even then it's Yale > Harvard > stanford > LOL > Uchi >> Mich > LOL ROTF > TTT
LOL before Stanford
http://leiterrankings.com/new/2011_LawTeachers.shtml

It's:

Y > LOL > Harvard = Stanford = Chicago > ROFLMAO > TTT.

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:11 pm

It's TGWU

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Renne Walker

Silver

Post by Renne Walker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 pm

I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

I have always believed the T-14 ranking was odd, but then I read the history.....the same 14 schools have always been in the top 14. I bought into it‒but now this has changed, so let us get real with T-10. (Hopefully, they won’t place 11 schools in the Top 10!)

Also, no more ties, in a tie the school listed alphabetically is always listed first. Finally, when I say I am at a T-14 school, it sounds like I am going to the 14th ranked school. If I say I will be attending the 6th ranked school, most people will [accurately] assume that I am going to the 6th ranked school. C’mon folks, time for this generation to step up and promote changes that make sense!

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:34 am

Renne Walker wrote:I’ll vote T-13, but I would have 100% picked T-10 if it were available.

Who uses the T14 terminology in real life anyway? Aside from the fact that (a) all non-lawyers, (b) most practicing lawyers, and (c) many law students have no idea what you're talking about, unless you go to GULC, you're grouping your school in with deeply inferior schools.

That's not anti-GULC trolling; I'm serious. I can't imagine a CCN person talking about attending "a T14" anymore than I could imagine a HYP undergrad talking about attending "an R1 Carnegie research university." I mean, the term is useful on internet fora devoted to law school pissing contests, but the IRL opportunities for use are highly limited.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:59 am

flcath wrote:

Who uses the T14 terminology in real life anyway? Aside from the fact that (a) all non-lawyers, (b) most practicing lawyers, and (c) many law students have no idea what you're talking about, unless you go to GULC, you're grouping your school in with deeply inferior schools.

That's not anti-GULC trolling; I'm serious. I can't imagine a CCN person talking about attending "a T14" anymore than I could imagine a HYP undergrad talking about attending "an R1 Carnegie research university." I mean, the term is useful on internet fora devoted to law school pissing contests, but the IRL opportunities for use are highly limited.
Really? You aren't over this yet? You've been posting the same thing over and over for 2 days now. It's especially ridiculous to bump this thread again to say the same thing you said on each of the 3 previous pages.

Actually, I'll give you a little credit. You changed your words, just not your point.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
flcath wrote:

Really? You aren't over this yet? You've been posting the same thing over and over for 2 days now. It's especially ridiculous to bump this thread again to say the same thing you said on each of the 3 previous pages.

Actually, I'll give you a little credit. You changed your words, just not your point.
Did you mean to reply to this post?

I ask b/c the other night I was anti-GULC trolling hardcore (probably a dozen posts saying the same thing), and you would've been totally correct. Here I'm talking about, in real life, how ofter do say (or hear someone use) the "T14" terminology. I'm contending that it (and T13 or T15, if they catch on) are useful on TLS, XO, ATL, etc., but not in real-world conversations, where you'd just say the names of the schools involved.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't see why a YLS kid would talk about attending a T6, either. Does that example make you more comfortable?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 am

flcath wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
flcath wrote:

Did you mean to reply to this post?

I ask b/c the other night I was anti-GULC trolling hardcore (probably a dozen posts saying the same thing), and you would've been totally correct. Here I'm talking about, in real life, how ofter do say (or hear someone use) the "T14" terminology. I'm contending that it (and T13 or T15, if they catch on) are useful on TLS, XO, ATL, etc., but not in real-world conversations, where you'd just say the names of the schools involved.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't see why a YLS kid would talk about attending a T6, either. Does that example make you more comfortable?
I'm not disagreeing with the point. I'm just against beating a dead horse.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 am

birdlaw117 wrote:I'm not disagreeing with the point. I'm just against beating a dead horse.
You are on the WRONG discussion board, then.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:30 am

Dumb, pointless thread is dumb and pointless. This thread is xoxo worthy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 am

XxSpyKEx wrote:Dumb, pointless thread is dumb and pointless. This thread is xoxo worthy.
xo is funny.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:54 am

Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 am

whymeohgodno wrote:

Yeah bro cuz MVPD is THAT much better than Northwestern/Cornell when Cornell/NU outplace at least two of those schools regularly in biglaw+article 3 clerkships+PI!
There should be alot more advocacy on TLS for the idea that DNC is as good as MVP.

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

flcath wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

There should be alot more advocacy on TLS for the idea that DNC is as good as MVP.
I think the problem is the acronym for Duke, Northwestern, Cornell (DNC) is the same as the acronym for the Democratic National Committee. It's gonna rub some people the wrong way.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
flcath wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

I think the problem is the acronym for Duke, Northwestern, Cornell (DNC) is the same as the acronym for the Democratic National Committee. It's gonna rub some people the wrong way.
Also, "Do Not Contact"

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 am

alexonfyre wrote:Also, "Do Not Contact"
And "Dingos Need Children" for food.

Leira7905

Bronze

Post by Leira7905 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:04 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
alexonfyre wrote:Also, "Do Not Contact"
And "Dingos Need Children" for food.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mfeller2

Bronze

Post by mfeller2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 am

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
flcath wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

DNC always makes me think of Planned Parenthood, this thread is stupid.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”