2012 US News & World Report Law School Rankings

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
You Gotta Have Faith
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:04 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:02 pm

pinkzeppelin wrote:Let's put this debate to rest. The only regions that matter in the US are: Southeastern, Atlantic Coast, Pacific 10, Big East, Big 12 and Big 10.

:lol:

That was pretty good.

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby Hey-O » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 pm

legal_eagle wrote:tagged for future reference


Are you kidding me? Not one useful thing has been said in this thread? It's a useless mix of speculation and a pointless argument about the names and amounts of America's regions.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby HowdyYall » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey-O wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:tagged for future reference


Are you kidding me? Not one useful thing has been said in this thread? It's a useless mix of speculation and a pointless argument about the names and amounts of America's regions.


welcome to TLS

User avatar
legal_eagle
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby legal_eagle » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Future reference meaning "should this thread ever contain useful information" as opposed to " i should save this thread for the current info." Don't assume things, especially when your wrong

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby dr123 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 pm

legal_eagle wrote:Future reference meaning "should this thread ever contain useful information" as opposed to " i should save this thread for the current info." Don't assume things, especially when your wrong


Don't assume this thread is going to contain useful info, especially when your wrong

User avatar
legal_eagle
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby legal_eagle » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:38 pm

dr123 wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:Future reference meaning "should this thread ever contain useful information" as opposed to " i should save this thread for the current info." Don't assume things, especially when your wrong


Don't assume this thread is going to contain useful info, especially when your wrong



SHOULD this thread contain useful information

SHOULD this thread

SHOULD

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby Hey-O » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:44 pm

legal_eagle wrote:
dr123 wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:Future reference meaning "should this thread ever contain useful information" as opposed to " i should save this thread for the current info." Don't assume things, especially when your wrong


Don't assume this thread is going to contain useful info, especially when your wrong



SHOULD this thread contain useful information

SHOULD this thread

SHOULD

You're wrong. You're wrong!

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby fatduck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey-O wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:
dr123 wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:Future reference meaning "should this thread ever contain useful information" as opposed to " i should save this thread for the current info." Don't assume things, especially when your wrong


Don't assume this thread is going to contain useful info, especially when your wrong



SHOULD this thread contain useful information

SHOULD this thread

SHOULD

You're wrong. You're wrong!

your right, their wrong

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby Hey-O » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:54 pm

fatduck wrote:your right, their wrong


your right, their left

User avatar
legal_eagle
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby legal_eagle » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 am

Hey-O wrote:
fatduck wrote:your right, their wrong


your right, their left


your left, their right

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby Hey-O » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:09 am

legal_eagle wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
fatduck wrote:your right, their wrong


your right, their left


your left, their right


I think the likelihood that this thread is going to contain useful information is decreasing by the minute. Lol.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 am

What are you guys smoking??? and more importantly can I have some?

User avatar
legal_eagle
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby legal_eagle » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 am

Hey-O wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
fatduck wrote:your right, their wrong


your right, their left


your left, their right


I think the likelihood that this thread is going to contain useful information is decreasing by the minute. Lol.


lol its starting to look that way

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby Fark-o-vision » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 am

I think it's cute when the Midwest pretends like it matters enough to be a region. Really, though, region is a state of mind. Chicago is East, despite its longitude. That New York patronizes it like a little sister that just won't grow up doesn't help, but neither does the fact that no one else even cares in the slightest.

five regions: South, East, Florida coast, shore-less flatland blob that occupies the heart of our nation, Southern California and Northern California.

If you don't think the numbers add up, blame my state school education.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:35 am

Prediction: Cornell jumps into t10.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am

Fark-o-vision wrote:I think it's cute when the Midwest pretends like it matters enough to be a region. Really, though, region is a state of mind. Chicago is East, despite its longitude. That New York patronizes it like a little sister that just won't grow up doesn't help, but neither does the fact that no one else even cares in the slightest.

five regions: South, East, Florida coast, shore-less flatland blob that occupies the heart of our nation, Southern California and Northern California.

If you don't think the numbers add up, blame my state school education.


It depends what constitutes a region. If it were importance than you' be close but not if you were talking states of mind. That the midwest THINKS it is important separates it from the mountain west for instance.

User avatar
harrijust86
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby harrijust86 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:01 am

Hey-O wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
fatduck wrote:your right, their wrong


your right, their left


your left, their right


I think the likelihood that this thread is going to contain useful information is decreasing by the minute. Lol.


No One else has a massive headache from people using your and their instead of you're and they're ??? unless we are all assuming that these rights and lefts and wrongs are being possessed by the respective persons

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby Hey-O » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 am

harrijust86 wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
Hey-O wrote:
fatduck wrote:your right, their wrong


your right, their left


your left, their right


No One else has a massive headache from people using your and their instead of you're and they're ??? unless we are all assuming that these rights and lefts and wrongs are being possessed by the respective persons


That's the joke.

User avatar
jonillson
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby jonillson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 pm

tagged for future migraines.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:I think it's cute when the Midwest pretends like it matters enough to be a region. Really, though, region is a state of mind. Chicago is East, despite its longitude. That New York patronizes it like a little sister that just won't grow up doesn't help, but neither does the fact that no one else even cares in the slightest.

five regions: South, East, Florida coast, shore-less flatland blob that occupies the heart of our nation, Southern California and Northern California.

If you don't think the numbers add up, blame my state school education.


Midwest = win. It's an industrial and agricultural center of the US. The people are nice, the living is fairly cheap, and we don't have southern problems like evangelical majority or racism.

Also the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas aren't the midwest.

User avatar
buckilaw
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby buckilaw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:I think it's cute when the Midwest pretends like it matters enough to be a region. Really, though, region is a state of mind. Chicago is East, despite its longitude. That New York patronizes it like a little sister that just won't grow up doesn't help, but neither does the fact that no one else even cares in the slightest.

five regions: South, East, Florida coast, shore-less flatland blob that occupies the heart of our nation, Southern California and Northern California.

If you don't think the numbers add up, blame my state school education.


Midwest = win. It's an industrial and agricultural center of the US. The people are nice, the living is fairly cheap, and we don't have southern problems like evangelical majority or racism.

Also the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas aren't the midwest.


+1

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Hey-O wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:tagged for future reference


Are you kidding me? Not one useful thing has been said in this thread? It's a useless mix of speculation and a pointless argument about the names and amounts of America's regions.


Welcome to law school.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby juliachild-ish » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Fark-o-vision wrote:I think it's cute when the Midwest pretends like it matters enough to be a region. Really, though, region is a state of mind. Chicago is East, despite its longitude. That New York patronizes it like a little sister that just won't grow up doesn't help, but neither does the fact that no one else even cares in the slightest.

five regions: South, East, Florida coast, shore-less flatland blob that occupies the heart of our nation, Southern California and Northern California.

If you don't think the numbers add up, blame my state school education.


Midwest = win. It's an industrial and agricultural center of the US. The people are nice, the living is fairly cheap, and we don't have southern problems like evangelical majority or racism.

Also the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas aren't the midwest.


Actually, people from Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Oklahoma believe they are the Midwest, whereas Illinois deserves to be lumped more into a category of "Great Lakes" states or "Upper Midwest." I think Nebraskans feel they more embody the stereotypical Midwestern spirit: friendly, rural, family-focused. Basically, if your state has a major metropolitan area (I'm looking at you, Chicago!), you shouldn't be part of the Midwest. And no, Omaha is not a major metropolitan area.

The Dakotas, on the other hand, are possibly their own category, but I think it's more likely they belong with Wyoming and maybe Montana and Idaho as part of the "Plains" states/the Upper Mountain West.

Regional categorization debates: almost as fun as grammatical ones!

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Those on the eastern half of SDak consider themselves Upper Midwesterners. Those on the Western half consider themselves Westerners.

Most of the rest of the world doesn't consider SDak anything - NDak and SDak were left out of the 1989 Rand McNally atlas despite it being the Centennial year. I know, I know, cool story bro. It was traumatic for us SDak-ers...all 15 of us.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2012 US News Rankings

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:31 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
Actually, people from Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Oklahoma believe they are the Midwest, whereas Illinois deserves to be lumped more into a category of "Great Lakes" states or "Upper Midwest." I think Nebraskans feel they more embody the stereotypical Midwestern spirit: friendly, rural, family-focused. Basically, if your state has a major metropolitan area (I'm looking at you, Chicago!), you shouldn't be part of the Midwest. And no, Omaha is not a major metropolitan area.

The Dakotas, on the other hand, are possibly their own category, but I think it's more likely they belong with Wyoming and maybe Montana and Idaho as part of the "Plains" states/the Upper Mountain West.

Regional categorization debates: almost as fun as grammatical ones!


You are misinterpreting what Midwestern is. It's not entirely rural. It's large, industrial cities, with large spans of farm/ dairyland in between. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin all fit. Iowa is the only outlier. Have large metro areas is damn near a requirement for being a midwestern state.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 8 guests