2012 US News Top 10 posted online

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby warandpeace » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Bumi wrote:
warandpeace wrote:wait why is everyone so surprised? hasn't the list stayed relatively the same?


This list is radically different from last year's top 10. I, for one, am floored.


oh...guess i need to go look back on it.

emmbar53
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby emmbar53 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:01 pm

99.9luft wrote:
icpb wrote:Just curious, why don't people think Berkeley belongs in the top 10 (other than the fact that it has weird admissions)?


low lsat median, for one.

TBF, it could drop a couple of spots within the top10, so not sure what's with the hatin.

-1

ETA: Score: +9


+10

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby kwais » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:01 pm

warandpeace wrote:
Bumi wrote:
warandpeace wrote:wait why is everyone so surprised? hasn't the list stayed relatively the same?


This list is radically different from last year's top 10. I, for one, am floored.


oh...guess i need to go look back on it.


I believe that it was sarcasm

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby warandpeace » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:02 pm

hold up. i just looked at the old list; there's no difference?!

the list posted for 2012 is alphabetical. again, someone correct me if i'm wrong...

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... w-rankings

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby warandpeace » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:02 pm

kwais wrote:
warandpeace wrote:
Bumi wrote:
warandpeace wrote:wait why is everyone so surprised? hasn't the list stayed relatively the same?


This list is radically different from last year's top 10. I, for one, am floored.


oh...guess i need to go look back on it.


I believe that it was sarcasm


oh god of course it was

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Not surprised.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Not surprised.


only thing that is not surprising is that it's now +11

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:15 pm

ziggie wrote:
Bumi wrote:
warandpeace wrote:wait why is everyone so surprised? hasn't the list stayed relatively the same?


This list is radically different from last year's top 10. I, for one, am floored.


Wait, you realize the list was in alphabetical order, right?

you realize he is kidding, right?

User avatar
nshapkar
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby nshapkar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:16 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:Not surprised.


only thing that is not surprising is that it's now +11



+12 for the sake of "+#"

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby ATR » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Upton Sinclair wrote:Being the +10 in this thread is the best thing to happen to me all day. I wish I was kidding.

Take solace you're not this guy.

User avatar
Upton Sinclair
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby Upton Sinclair » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm

ATR wrote:
Upton Sinclair wrote:Being the +10 in this thread is the best thing to happen to me all day. I wish I was kidding.

Take solace you're not this guy.


Quality.

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby amers73 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:22 pm

ATR wrote:
Upton Sinclair wrote:Being the +10 in this thread is the best thing to happen to me all day. I wish I was kidding.

Take solace you're not this guy.

Ouch.

User avatar
Malcolm8X
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby Malcolm8X » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm

+13

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Malcolm8X wrote:+13


+14, but now this must stop, as everyone knows on TLS numbering goes 1-14 and then "TTT"

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby LLB2JD » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:+13


+14, but now this must stop, as everyone knows on TLS numbering goes 1-14 and then "TTT"


-1. So that takes it back to 13.

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby ATR » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:+14, but now this must stop, as everyone knows on TLS numbering goes 1-14 and then "TTT"

Egregious GULC trolling.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:+13


+14, but now this must stop, as everyone knows on TLS numbering goes 1-14 and then "TTT"


+TTT

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby Wactawshus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:56 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:+13


+14, but now this must stop, as everyone knows on TLS numbering goes 1-14 and then "TTT"


+TTT

Retake

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey there, "Retake" guy... I thought that was pretty darned funny, but just for future reference...

FYI:
Nightrunner wrote:LEGIT ANNOUNCEMENT:

"Retake" isn't funny anymore. Moreover, if you drop it in the Lounge (or in an applicable LSAT thread), then so be it...but stop posting it in response to legit questions in on-topic forums, e.g., choosing between two law schools. You're not funny; you're being an asshole.

Please consider this an open warning - vacations are my first reaction to future instances.

:wink:

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby robotclubmember » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

ATR wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:+14, but now this must stop, as everyone knows on TLS numbering goes 1-14 and then "TTT"

Egregious GULC trolling.


Indeed, deserving of censure and perhaps even ridicule.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby haus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:22 pm

kwais wrote:I believe that it was sarcasm


I do not think that the internet has been approved for the use of sarcasm yet.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

haus wrote:
kwais wrote:I believe that it was sarcasm


I do not think that the internet has been approved for the use of sarcasm yet.

Personally, I am still waiting for the sarcasm font.

Wactawshus
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby Wactawshus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Hey there, "Retake" guy... I thought that was pretty darned funny, but just for future reference...

FYI:
Nightrunner wrote:LEGIT ANNOUNCEMENT:

"Retake" isn't funny anymore. Moreover, if you drop it in the Lounge (or in an applicable LSAT thread), then so be it...but stop posting it in response to legit questions in on-topic forums, e.g., choosing between two law schools. You're not funny; you're being an asshole.

Please consider this an open warning - vacations are my first reaction to future instances.

:wink:


I wonder if this counts when the term is used to be an asshole only for the sake of mocking larger assholes?

Is there no merit to this?

User avatar
Aberzombie1892
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:28 pm

haus wrote:
kwais wrote:I believe that it was sarcasm


I do not think that the internet has been approved for the use of sarcasm yet.


That's only because US News hasn't found a way to rank it yet.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: 2012 US News Top 10 posted online

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Wactawshus wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Hey there, "Retake" guy... I thought that was pretty darned funny, but just for future reference...

FYI:
Nightrunner wrote:LEGIT ANNOUNCEMENT:

"Retake" isn't funny anymore. Moreover, if you drop it in the Lounge (or in an applicable LSAT thread), then so be it...but stop posting it in response to legit questions in on-topic forums, e.g., choosing between two law schools. You're not funny; you're being an asshole.

Please consider this an open warning - vacations are my first reaction to future instances.

:wink:


I wonder if this counts when the term is used to be an asshole only for the sake of mocking larger assholes?

Is there no merit to this?

My advice on that would be... proceed at your own risk.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests