1L at Baylor hellhole - what to do now?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
XxSpyKEx

Re: 1L at Baylor hellhole - what to do now?

Postby XxSpyKEx » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:40 pm

You don't really have a lot of good options here with your grades and scholarship setup. Even if you were to get in state at $29K /year, that's not a very good deal. That's another $60k in student loans. When you factor in cost of living, books, insurance, etc that's gotta be another $45k or more. So you'd leave with $105k in debt (not including interest that adds up across those years). It really don't make sense to take on that kind of debt for the schools that you have a realistic shot at transferring to. Pretty much your options are (1) get ass raped in terms of student loans and transfer from your TTT to another toilet (and ITE I would say even a t25 is a TTT based on OCI odds), (2) drop out, or (3) make the best out of where you're at and graduate from there. The only other possibiilty is if you really kick ass 2nd semester and pull up your grades a lot so that you can transfer to UT (which is good for Texas) or somewhere better (i.e. t13).

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 pm

mst wrote:how on EARTH can you hate a school that produces THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAq0OevRjBY

EDIT: BLUE IS THEIR COLOR AND BLUE IS THEIR OTHER COLOR. FYI. AWESOME.

EDIT 2: The dance at 2:55. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THAT.

KKG Rap videos are actually supposed to be part of the USN ranking algorithm for 2013, which is why Stanford is projected to fall from the T14 next year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clfXfKuB ... re=related

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 pm

alexonfyre wrote:
mst wrote:how on EARTH can you hate a school that produces THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAq0OevRjBY

EDIT: BLUE IS THEIR COLOR AND BLUE IS THEIR OTHER COLOR. FYI. AWESOME.

EDIT 2: The dance at 2:55. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THAT.

KKG Rap videos are actually supposed to be part of the USN ranking algorithm for 2013, which is why Stanford is projected to fall from the T14 next year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clfXfKuB ... re=related

From Texas so when this video first came out, a bunch of my friends at Baylor (and some in KKG including one of the girls rapping) made me watch it.

Not gonna lie...I like the video.

And it is a catchy rhythm and apparently available on iTunes...NOT downloading it...but it is still catchy.

OP - if you hate Baylor, try for Texas or U of H...or seriously consider transferring to New York...

FutureLitigator27

Postby FutureLitigator27 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

huskylives wrote:The problem is the professors, honestly. Like I said, they genuinely care more about hazing the students than helping them. They are arrogant and surprisingly unprofessional. I have friends in the third year "practice court" program talked about and it's a freaking nightmare. Double classes, hundreds of pages to read each night, and if you're called on and don't know the answer, you get assigned a memo for the next day on top of readings. I mean really. This while other 3rd year students who I'm competing for for jobs at other schools are taking it easy and working on getting employed.

Sounds to me like you just can't cut it. LOL :mrgreen:

Postby 2014 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Start calling admissions offices of schools that are known for being generous with scholarships. Transferring to a lower ranked school is fairly unprecedented unless someone has to because a family member gets sick or something or their spouse gets a job and they have to transfer to follow. Because of that, I think a lower ranked school might be receptive to offering a scholarship. '

You are realistically going to have to fill out many transfer applications, but I'm guessing it is possible. Post in the current law school student forum though and see if people who have successfully transferred in the past have gotten any sort of aid.

CMDantes

Postby CMDantes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:49 pm

I've had many friends unfortunate enough to go to law school at Baylor and they've all said the same thing: avoid it at all costs.

No one seems happy there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”