Excessive Suspended License Tickets. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Matthew_V

New

Excessive Suspended License Tickets.

Post by Matthew_V » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 pm

I have a horrible driving record. During the past 15 years, I have been cited 4 times for Driving on a Suspended License 3rd degree, all of which were amended to Not Driving With License on Person. In Washington State, probably like in most states, if you don't pay your tickets within 30 days your license gets suspended.

In every one of these cases, after being pulled over for a minor traffic infraction and cited/charged for Driving With a Suspended License 3rd degree, I immediately paid off any outstanding tickets, got my license re-enstated, and the judges in each of these cases ammended the citation to Not Driving With License on Person, which is a minor traffic infraction.

My license wasn't suspended for wreckless driving or excess tickets, which are reserved for 1st and 2nd degree DWLS, so I never really thought it was something I should be worried about, especially since no criminal conviction resulted from each one of these cases.

I haven't received a ticket in the last 2 years. I'm in the process of applying and I'm worried this will hurt my chances of getting in to a good school.

Any thoughts?
:? :? :? :?
Last edited by Matthew_V on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marionberry

Silver

Re: Criminal History and Admission

Post by Marionberry » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Use the search function to read threads in which similar situations have been discussed. There are tons of them, and they should tell you anything you need to know. Good luck!

Corsair

Gold

Re: Excessive Suspended License Tickets.

Post by Corsair » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 am

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”