Scholarship negoc letter... Please read and comment

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trayball23

Scholarship negoc letter... Please read and comment

Postby trayball23 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm

any input on the context wud be helpful

Dear Admissions Representative,

I want to thank you in advance for the confidence you have shown in my academic abilities by my offer of acceptance, it is truly an honor. ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬_______ Law school has been one of my top choices since day one of the admissions process and I would love to become a part of your community. In my application, I stated that I was an applicant to the US Marine Corps Officer Law Program. I have recently been accepted into this program. This means I will attend Officer Candidate School this summer, and will be committed to the USMC JAG Program upon graduation. I am honored at the chance to serve my country; there will be no greater honor in my life. However, I know that my service, like most public service, will come at a financial sacrifice compared to salaries in the private sector. Financial aid and law school loans weigh heavily on the minds of all law students, but for this reason I have stated, it will be among the most important factors in my decision on where to attend this fall. I understand that scholarship money is hard to come by in these hard economic times, especially with the record number of students applying. I hope you will give additional consideration to my LSAT score of 162 and my 3.47 GPA from the University of Notre Dame Honors History Program for any additional aid that can be provided. Although it has been my intention to attend ¬¬¬¬¬______ this fall, due to my unique employment situation, I must give serious consideration to the generous offers that other schools have given me;

(Additional Scholarships)

Thank you very much for taking time to review my request. I look forward to your response with great anticipation. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

legendkiller

Re: Scholarship negoc letter... Please read and comment

Postby legendkiller » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 pm

i would add the scholarships that you have(or the highest/most comparable location/ranking wise to the school you want to increase their scholarship). Schools should know what they are competing with.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”