UPenn fee waiver given in March? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lalu

New

UPenn fee waiver given in March?

Post by lalu » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:19 pm

I just received a fee waiver from UPenn today and it's way past the application deadline. I'm confused why they sent me one now...? My numbers are at the median. I would call but their office is closed. Anyone have an idea?

lemoned88

New

Re: UPenn fee waiver given in March?

Post by lemoned88 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooo

Weird! Mine are at/below the median. I think it's a last call to boost rankings cause there is no way they are accepting people this late in the game!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Call & ask. Applications are down this year & some law schools have extended their deadlines to those qualifying for fee waivers, while others have just extended their deadlines.

amers73

Bronze

Post by amers73 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Got the same fee waiver also. Sitting here debating whether to write that second essay.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Got one from Harvard in Feb last year...sometimes an administrative error is just an administrative error

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lalu

New

Post by lalu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 am

I wrote the extra essay today, figured $12 is worth finding out...I already have a seat deposit due in a month though, I wonder how long UPenn will take to make the decision?

UtahPhi

New

Post by UtahPhi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:31 am

Got the same email today as well. I definitely do not think it is an "administrative error", but I really have no idea of the purpose. Maybe they have some deal with LSAC for profit-sharing on the $12 the charge...

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 am

lemoned88 wrote:meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooo

Weird! Mine are at/below the median. I think it's a last call to boost rankings cause there is no way they are accepting people this late in the game!

Don't know why, but I really thought you were going to say meeeeeeeow.

Taffybear2

New

Post by Taffybear2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 am

UPenn fee waiver today for a 3.6 and a 164... definitely trying to boost rankings

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lemoned88

New

Post by lemoned88 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm

nshapkar wrote:
lemoned88 wrote:meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooo

Don't know why, but I really thought you were going to say meeeeeeeow.

lol....

And yeah, my numbers are too low to get in, so I don't think I'm gonna bother.

lalu

New

Post by lalu » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 am

I just realized I was an idiot and threw away all of Penn's brochures/letters a few months ago. I got so used to getting them from schools I never heard of and forgot the UPenn goes by Penn Law instead of UPenn...how embarrassinggg. If I was less absentminded I would have just applied earlier! Anyone going to apply because of the fee waiver? I just sent mine in today.

amers73

Bronze

Post by amers73 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:47 am

lalu wrote:I just realized I was an idiot and threw away all of Penn's brochures/letters a few months ago. I got so used to getting them from schools I never heard of and forgot the UPenn goes by Penn Law instead of UPenn...how embarrassinggg. If I was less absentminded I would have just applied earlier! Anyone going to apply because of the fee waiver? I just sent mine in today.
Not applying, I have a snowball's chance in hell at an acceptance. Even if a miracle happened, I cannot afford to pay sticker at Penn and will not qualify for need based aid.
with your #s at the medians you'll prob have a decent shot. Good luck!

lalu

New

Post by lalu » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:31 pm

amers73 wrote:
lalu wrote:I just realized I was an idiot and threw away all of Penn's brochures/letters a few months ago. I got so used to getting them from schools I never heard of and forgot the UPenn goes by Penn Law instead of UPenn...how embarrassinggg. If I was less absentminded I would have just applied earlier! Anyone going to apply because of the fee waiver? I just sent mine in today.
Not applying, I have a snowball's chance in hell at an acceptance. Even if a miracle happened, I cannot afford to pay sticker at Penn and will not qualify for need based aid.
with your #s at the medians you'll prob have a decent shot. Good luck!

Yeah, I don't see myself getting money either. We'll see what happens :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”