how about withdraw from law school and apply another again?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Amadeus

how about withdraw from law school and apply another again?

Postby Amadeus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 pm

If anyone has any experience with, or knowledge of, applying to law school after having withdrawn from one.

Here is my situation: I currently study in a 3rd tier law school. Although my performance in the first semester is not so bad (about top 33%), I want to leave here because some compelling reasons. Based on my GPA and Lsat, I have the chance to go a 20-30 law school(I made a poor choice last year). I do want to transfer. I just want to get a new start.

My question is this: How do I best overcome any doubts of my commitment that a admissions committee may have? If I have to withdraw from this school, should I withdraw now or keep studying here until taking finals, which one is better?

Thanks a lot!

Oban

Re: how about withdraw from law school and apply another again?

Postby Oban » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 pm

retake

CrimLaw300

Postby CrimLaw300 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Oban wrote:retake

Good one! Douche.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Amadeus wrote:If anyone has any experience with, or knowledge of, applying to law school after having withdrawn from one.

Here is my situation: I currently study in a 3rd tier law school. Although my performance in the first semester is not so bad (about top 33%), I want to leave here because some compelling reasons. Based on my GPA and Lsat, I have the chance to go a 20-30 law school(I made a poor choice last year). I do want to transfer. I just want to get a new start.

My question is this: How do I best overcome any doubts of my commitment that a admissions committee may have? If I have to withdraw from this school, should I withdraw now or keep studying here until taking finals, which one is better?

Thanks a lot!

If the reasons that you have for wanting to make a change, truly are compelling, I'm sure there's room on the transfer app to explain (write essay, addendum, etc)...right?

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm

"how about withdraw from law school and apply another again?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLMFzEiYww

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”