150 LSAT am I too dumb for Law School? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Patriot1208

Platinum

Re: 150 LSAT am I too dumb for Law School?

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 am

Craplicant150 wrote:I should also note that my dad is rich. Any law school I go to will be free :)

Anyway...

I have a job. Actually I have two...

I was just hoping to get into University of Baltimore's part-time evening program from the start, as I dont want to turn my life upside down.

Problem is my GPA is worse than my LSAT score.

Well, it's a good thing you can mooch off of your succesful father the rest of your life.

Craplicant150

New

Post by Craplicant150 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:I should also note that my dad is rich. Any law school I go to will be free :)

Anyway...

I was just hoping to get into University of Baltimore's part-time evening program from the start, as I dont want to turn my life upside down.

Well, it's a good thing you can mooch off of your succesful father the rest of your life.
C'mon dude....

What's the difference between mooching off your father, and mooching off your brain?

Not everyone can score high on the LSAT much to my chagrin. My friend was actually jealous of mine...

These forums should be called Top Law School Candidates.com

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:18 am

Craplicant150 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Anyway...

C'mon dude....

What's the difference between mooching off your father, and mooching off your brain?

Not everyone can score high on the LSAT much to my chagrin. My friend was actually jealous of mine...

Yikes. I actually hope I am in a section with people like you haha. Love that curve if i'm with people who don't mooch off their brain!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:35 am

rocon7383 wrote:
Craplicant150 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:

Anyway...

C'mon dude....

Yikes. I actually hope I am in a section with people like you haha. Love that curve if i'm with people who don't mooch off their brain!
If you go to school with someone who isn't a URM and got a 150 LSAT, you should be worried about much more than the curve.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:39 am

Dude, go to law school. Don't let these haters on TLS get you down. Law school is a great investment that has amazing potential for substantial return. Go to law school and get a BIGLAW job and you'll be set for life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:51 am

how does someone mooch off their brain?

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am

[quote=

If you go to school with someone who isn't a URM and got a 150 LSAT, you should be worried about much more than the curve.[/quote]

And boom goes the pretentious douche
Last edited by rocon7383 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am

rocon7383 wrote:
If you go to school with someone who isn't a URM and got a 150 LSAT, you should be worried about much more than the curve.[/quote wrote:
And boom goes the douche-bag.
Am I wrong here?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:57 am

FiveSermon wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
If you go to school with someone who isn't a URM and got a 150 LSAT, you should be worried about much more than the curve.[/quote wrote:
And boom goes the douche-bag.
Am I wrong here?
Yeah, you are. That was a little funny. I'll give it a 164.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mark_gg_daniels

New

Post by mark_gg_daniels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:15 pm

I think a 150 is fairly strong, although wont get you into T1 schools.

For people who say it makes you stupid... I despise some people's arrogance and belittling of people. I feel pity for people who think in such negative terms. It suggests a general lack of appreciation in life. Maybe 'top law schools' forum isn't the best place to ask this kin of question, as I generally find a high level of smug self worth all over this website. I read a horrible thread talking about 'shit law' vs 'big law' - some of us do this for public service.. and associates in big firms are actually one of the least happiest employees in America. 50K a year might be laughable to some people here.. but for me, who is from a very poor neighborhood and family background this is perfectly good money.

Anyway.... I digress.

According to LSAC there's still a large number of schools that will accept you dependent on a good GPA and strong PS. If you felt you did not study enough, I would strongly suggest retaking because you can apply late to the T3 scores that would accept a 150 anyway so you have nothing to lose (except getting a even worse score!!)

I took the LSAT 3 days ago which had two LG experimentals .. one I bombed and one I didn't... I have a 50/50 of a good/bad score in my opinion.

Make sure you download all the practise tests. On Pirate Bay I found about 50 which saved me a fortune and was great practise. I did them all and watched my score slowly creep up. I got a 175 once! Although only once...

JuTMSY4

Bronze

Post by JuTMSY4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 pm

TTH wrote: A 150 LSAT score reflects one of two things: (1) an utter lack of preparation, which is especially bad given that all law school and legal practice is about is extensive drilling of knowledge into one's brain (not facts, knowledge);
This is not true

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:27 pm

mark_gg_daniels wrote:I think a 150 is fairly strong, although wont get you into T1 schools.

For people who say it makes you stupid... I despise some people's arrogance and belittling of people. I feel pity for people who think in such negative terms. It suggests a general lack of appreciation in life. Maybe 'top law schools' forum isn't the best place to ask this kin of question, as I generally find a high level of smug self worth all over this website. I read a horrible thread talking about 'shit law' vs 'big law' - some of us do this for public service.. and associates in big firms are actually one of the least happiest employees in America. 50K a year might be laughable to some people here.. but for me, who is from a very poor neighborhood and family background this is perfectly good money.

Anyway.... I digress.

According to LSAC there's still a large number of schools that will accept you dependent on a good GPA and strong PS. If you felt you did not study enough, I would strongly suggest retaking because you can apply late to the T3 scores that would accept a 150 anyway so you have nothing to lose (except getting a even worse score!!)

I took the LSAT 3 days ago which had two LG experimentals .. one I bombed and one I didn't... I have a 50/50 of a good/bad score in my opinion.

Make sure you download all the practise tests. On Pirate Bay I found about 50 which saved me a fortune and was great practise. I did them all and watched my score slowly creep up. I got a 175 once! Although only once...
How is scoring below average on a stanardized test considered "strong?"

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Dude, go to law school. Don't let these haters on TLS get you down. Law school is a great investment that has amazing potential for substantial return. Go to law school and get a BIGLAW job and you'll be set for life.
And if you don't, at least you can always still tell girls you are a lawyer. That's so preftigious. Besides, your dad is rich anyway. Just drive a nice car around, tell people you graduate from law school, then get all the girls you want. Everyone will think you're super successful anyway.

Rich dad + preftigious JD = Look successful.

Dat prefige is worth it.
Last edited by ManoftheHour on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Quality necro.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Anyway...

In that case, you should probably retake unless you want a JD for the hell of it. If the latter, go to whatever crappy tier 4 you want but definitely make sure it's in the market you wanna practice. I see you wanted Baltimore, what about Uof DC? Their median lsat is 151 and median gpa is 2.9

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Young Marino wrote:

Anyway...

In that case, you should probably retake unless you want a JD for the hell of it. If the latter, go to whatever crappy tier 4 you want but definitely make sure it's in the market you wanna practice. I see you wanted Baltimore, what about Uof DC? Their median lsat is 151 and median gpa is 2.9

OP was a troll who hasn't posted in two years, so I'm guessing at this point it doesn't matter.

outlawscr10

Bronze

Post by outlawscr10 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Know a guy who got under a 150 and transferred to Emory after his first year at a tier 4. Pretty wild.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HYSenberg

Bronze

Post by HYSenberg » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:28 pm

1. Definitely a good necro.

2. Never recommend U of DC. Ever. That is the biggest TTT on the planet.

3. People who score 150 on the LSAT are stupid. I'm sorry, but it's true. If that's really your maximum potential, you are not qualified to hold other people's legal fates in your hands.

4. Schools that accept people with 150 LSATs should not exist, but, unfortunately, people are stupid enough to pay law school tuition at the worst schools, so this will not change soon.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:41 pm

HYSenberg wrote:1. Definitely a good necro.

3. People who score 150 on the LSAT are stupid. I'm sorry, but it's true. If that's really your maximum potential, you are not qualified to hold other people's legal fates in your hands.

4. Schools that accept people with 150 LSATs should not exist, but, unfortunately, people are stupid enough to pay law school tuition at the worst schools, so this will not change soon.
I disagree with that. More often than not, people that score in the 150s weren't prepared for the exam and the LSAT is definitely not an indication on how well one may do in law school. But I agree that TTTTs should not exist with some exceptions.

carmensandiego

Bronze

Post by carmensandiego » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 pm

In reference to your #3, you really have no idea what you're talking about. You're also not considering outside factors. I've known people who got into T14 withs 150-155 because they're more interesting/better life experience than the average trust fund idiot. Sorry but no committee is super impressed with the fact that your daddy dropped 2K on a class/tutor.

Also one of my friends, who scored a 150, is now at the top of his class. And he is just one of thousands. The LSAT is not a predictor of law school success, nor is it a measurement of intelligence.

Your smug arrogance shows more lack of intellect than someone who scored a 150.

PepperJack

Silver

Post by PepperJack » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Young Marino wrote:

I disagree with that. More often than not, people that score in the 150s weren't prepared for the exam and the LSAT is definitely not an indication on how well one may do in law school. But I agree that TTTTs should not exist with some exceptions.
Bro, you haven't gone to law school. Someone who can't break a 150 will not do well at a good law school 99% of the time. It's like saying the Jaguars can win the superbowl, any team can win, but would you bet with the same odds as you would the Pats/Broncos/Seahawks? If you can't analyze arguments or read, it's going to be a bad time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PepperJack

Silver

Post by PepperJack » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:51 pm

carmensandiego wrote:

In reference to your #3, you really have no idea what you're talking about. You're also not considering outside factors. I've known people who got into T14 withs 150-155 because they're more interesting/better life experience than the average trust fund idiot. Sorry but no committee is super impressed with the fact that your daddy dropped 2K on a class/tutor.

Also one of my friends, who scored a 150, is now at the top of his class. And he is just one of thousands. The LSAT is not a predictor of law school success, nor is it a measurement of intelligence.

As large of a percentage at most top 14's are from working class backgrounds as TTTT's. That's dumb.

Most did well without spending 2k. The trick to getting a 170 isn't spending x amount.

Your friends only got in because they were URM's with 3.8's or it didn't happen.

High LSAT -> Trust fund child is the very reasoning that begets a low LSAT.

1 of 1000s? There aren't even 1,000 law schools. Lol. You're really an idiot. I come from no trust fund, and am not smug but you're dumb.
Last edited by PepperJack on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 pm

carmensandiego wrote:

Actually, the LSAT is a predictor of law school success.

PepperJack

Silver

Post by PepperJack » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:53 pm

midwest17 wrote:
carmensandiego wrote:

Actually, the LSAT is a predictor of law school success.
Inversely. I just heard that 1000s of people who get below 150 are at the top of their class. Therefore, weighing the numbers the trick to doing well in law school is having a very low score. It's the 180's who should not be going.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 pm

carmensandiego wrote:

This post is TTT.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”