3.4 GPA / 160 LSAT / DU

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stargarmin

3.4 GPA / 160 LSAT / DU

Postby stargarmin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

3.4 GPA, 160 LSAT, University of Denver. What would you say my chances are if I were to apply in the next week? I understand I am pretty late to the party - just graduated in December and other stuff.

Resume includes several prestigious internships.
LORs are from current lawmakers.
Personal statement can be better.
GPA excluding freshman year is around 3.8

I'm confident I'll eventually get into a tier 2 law school, just wondering what are my chances for fall '11 to DU. Thanks!

girlonfire

Re: 3.4 GPA / 160 LSAT / DU

Postby girlonfire » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 pm

stargarmin wrote:3.4 GPA, 160 LSAT, University of Denver. What would you say my chances are if I were to apply in the next week? I understand I am pretty late to the party - just graduated in December and other stuff.

Resume includes several prestigious internships.
LORs are from current lawmakers.
Personal statement can be better.
GPA excluding freshman year is around 3.8

I'm confident I'll eventually get into a tier 2 law school, just wondering what are my chances for fall '11 to DU. Thanks!

Honestly, if you want $$$ from any school, you're probably too late to apply. A lot of schools are already starting to fill seats, so even if ur a shoe-in at DU, it's going to be harder to get into now, than in earlier months.

My advice: Wait, Retake in June if you think you can budge that 160, and apply early next cycle. Most deadlines are either up, or approaching...

Good luck!
and PS, "GPA excluding freshman year is around 3.8" doesn't really matter. For all intents and purposes, you have a 3.4

stargarmin

Postby stargarmin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks for your response. I think I can do better than 160 - first time with three weeks of studying. Money is not too big of an issue =). If I were to apply this cycle and get waitlisted or rejected, how much would it hurt my application for the next cycle?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 am

stargarmin wrote:Thanks for your response. I think I can do better than 160 - first time with three weeks of studying. Money is not too big of an issue =). If I were to apply this cycle and get waitlisted or rejected, how much would it hurt my application for the next cycle?

honestly, I have no idea. but if you can up the 160, and arent completely set on going this fall, retake & wait. I really don't know how reapplying effects anything...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”