How to send additional LOR to waitlisted schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BeachandRun23

How to send additional LOR to waitlisted schools?

Postby BeachandRun23 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:58 pm

I am waitlisted at about 4 schools and want to send in an additional LOR from my current employer. However, I dont know how to send it in.

Should I use the LSAC service? Will they still be able to foward LOR to schools I am waitlisted at? Even if they can, one of my schools only accepts 3 LOR, and I already sent in 3. Thus, I cannot send in another through LSAC.

What should I do for this school? How do I send it in directly? Get recommender to send it to school in sealed envelope?

I want to make this as easy as possible for my recommender. I wish LSAC would take care of all this.

So, should I use LSAC for 3 of the schools, and send it directly to 4th school? Or should I send it directly to all schools?

I dont know. Please help!

tourdeforcex

Re: How to send additional LOR to waitlisted schools?

Postby tourdeforcex » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 pm

wait-listed at 4 schools! i hope you get into at least one of them.

i think you should just give an addressed envelope w/ admissions office of each school as address for each school to recommender.

BeachandRun23

Postby BeachandRun23 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Bump...will the LSAC send additional letters for the other schools ive been waitlisted at?

LSATWIZ

Postby LSATWIZ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:06 pm

HERE'S WHAT YOU GUYS BOTH NEED TO DO:

Get the LOR submitted to LSAC like any other LOR.

Go to the LOR tab under credentials on LSAC.ORG.

Assign the additional letter to the law school.

It is the same as submitting any other LOR to law schools like you did when you first applied - just here you're submitting 1 more. The one caveat is that if you've already hit the limit the school had on LSAC, you need to have the letter sent them directly (for example, if a school's limit is 4 and you initially had 4), you need to mail it directly to the university.

LSATWIZ

Postby LSATWIZ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:08 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:Bump...will the LSAC send additional letters for the other schools ive been waitlisted at?

Not automatically. LSAC does not pay attention to if you got a full scholarship or rejected. You need to submit the additional LORs through LSAC.ORG like you did when you first applied. They will then send out the LOR. Nothing happens automatically.

BeachandRun23

Postby BeachandRun23 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”