Vandy Admission Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doublefocus4

Vandy Admission Question

Postby doublefocus4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:46 pm

I've got five emails from Vandy today inviting me to attend their admitted students program. However, I have not gotten any email from them with an admission decision yet. I checked my application status on their website and it says the decision was made on Feb 21 but I haven't received it. I was wondering if it would me safe for me to assume that I've been accepted? I know the obvious answer is that I call the admissions office and ask but it's past office hours now and I'm not too good at waiting.

JD2014

Re: Vandy Admission Question

Postby JD2014 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:03 pm

I think the consensus from the Vanderbilt application thread is that acceptances are delivered overnight via Fed Ex, so if a decision was rendered on 2/21 and you haven't heard anything, it's not a good sign. The ASW email would be pretty embarrassing for them if they rejected you though, so you shouldn't abandon hope. At a minimum, check your application to ensure your address is accurate. If you call though, they won't give you a decision over the phone. They have no way to verify it's you. Either way, good luck.

doublefocus4

Postby doublefocus4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm out of the US at the moment and my mailing address is non-domestic, so I'm hoping that's the reason for the delay. In any case, I was expecting to get a decision by email at least. That's how it's been with the other schools I applied to.

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I would assume so. I can't remember any schools sending out e-mails to students about ASW who have not been accepted.

awilson11

Postby awilson11 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I got emails from Vanderbilt for about 3 days prior to my acceptance package coming, all about ASW and related things

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”