Vandy Admission Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doublefocus4

New

Vandy Admission Question

Postby doublefocus4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:46 pm

I've got five emails from Vandy today inviting me to attend their admitted students program. However, I have not gotten any email from them with an admission decision yet. I checked my application status on their website and it says the decision was made on Feb 21 but I haven't received it. I was wondering if it would me safe for me to assume that I've been accepted? I know the obvious answer is that I call the admissions office and ask but it's past office hours now and I'm not too good at waiting.

JD2014

Bronze

Re: Vandy Admission Question

Postby JD2014 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:03 pm

I think the consensus from the Vanderbilt application thread is that acceptances are delivered overnight via Fed Ex, so if a decision was rendered on 2/21 and you haven't heard anything, it's not a good sign. The ASW email would be pretty embarrassing for them if they rejected you though, so you shouldn't abandon hope. At a minimum, check your application to ensure your address is accurate. If you call though, they won't give you a decision over the phone. They have no way to verify it's you. Either way, good luck.

doublefocus4

New

Postby doublefocus4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm out of the US at the moment and my mailing address is non-domestic, so I'm hoping that's the reason for the delay. In any case, I was expecting to get a decision by email at least. That's how it's been with the other schools I applied to.

gothamm

Silver

Postby gothamm » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I would assume so. I can't remember any schools sending out e-mails to students about ASW who have not been accepted.

awilson11

Bronze

Postby awilson11 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I got emails from Vanderbilt for about 3 days prior to my acceptance package coming, all about ASW and related things

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�