Should I take a year off or go?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
existenz

Re: Should I take a year off or go?

Postby existenz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:34 am

harrijust86 wrote:Yea? Which is why I was considering a retake. But I got an acceptance email from GW today. First decision ive recieved, and quite satisfied with the idea of IP law at a great school. Now to wait out the rest of the cycle and hope for miracles at BC, BU, and Fordham. T14 would make me poop my pants, but i realistically have zero shot.

If you had applied ED to NU you might have had a shot. That school has multiple people with sub-3.0 GPAs and 17x LSAT scores. Your chance would have been even better with a higher LSAT.

3.1 GPA does not eliminate you from the T14.

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:58 pm

existenz wrote:
harrijust86 wrote:Yea? Which is why I was considering a retake. But I got an acceptance email from GW today. First decision ive recieved, and quite satisfied with the idea of IP law at a great school. Now to wait out the rest of the cycle and hope for miracles at BC, BU, and Fordham. T14 would make me poop my pants, but i realistically have zero shot.

If you had applied ED to NU you might have had a shot. That school has multiple people with sub-3.0 GPAs and 17x LSAT scores. Your chance would have been even better with a higher LSAT.

I never said it did. I said that I realistically have zero shot. The fact of the matter is I didn't apply to NU. and applied late in the cycle at that. Therefor, my statement stands. Considering the schools that I applied to and when I applied, I have zero shot of a t14 acceptance this cycle.

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:08 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
existenz wrote:

I never said it did. I said that I realistically have zero shot. The fact of the matter is I didn't apply to NU. and applied late in the cycle at that. Therefor, my statement stands. Considering the schools that I applied to and when I applied, I have zero shot of a t14 acceptance this cycle.

are you set on going to law school fall 2011?

harrijust86

Postby harrijust86 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm

nshapkar wrote:are you set on going to law school fall 2011?

Pretty much, Yes. Unless GW is at sticker and I get into none of my other choices. At that point I pretty much have to wait since I know I can't afford to go anywhere (aside from the acceptable risk of t14) for sticker.

nshapkar

Postby nshapkar » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 pm

harrijust86 wrote:
nshapkar wrote:are you set on going to law school fall 2011?

Pretty much, Yes. Unless GW is at sticker and I get into none of my other choices. At that point I pretty much have to wait since I know I can't afford to go anywhere (aside from the acceptable risk of t14) for sticker.

I'd kill for your 171. Sticker at t14 isn't as dangerous as sticker anywhere else, especially outside t25. If I was in your shoes and had a 171 with little to no studying I would take a year off and study during the two months before the exam. You can probably, with a little luck, hit 180. Even if you don't want to retake you could probably land big big scholarships at lower ranked schools. Either way, GW is a great school and with good grades could start you off well in your legal career.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”