JR1 Advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
InLikeFlint

JR1 Advice

Postby InLikeFlint » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I know there are other JR1 threads, but I have a question that I didn't come across in the 50 or so pages that have looked through. I have the interview this week and wanted to know the following:

Does he really only ask you 2-3 questions? Everyone has said that he asks "why law?", "why Harvard" and also a question tailored to your resume. Does JR expect the interviewee to take up 5-10 minutes answering those questions? I would really feel like I was rambling on and on if I took up close to 10 minutes answering 2-3 questions.

eaa1537

Re: JR1 Advice

Postby eaa1537 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:I know there are other JR1 threads, but I have a question that I didn't come across in the 50 or so pages that have looked through. I have the interview this week and wanted to know the following:
Does he really only ask you 2-3 questions? Everyone has said that he asks "why law?", "why Harvard" and also a question tailored to your resume. Does JR expect the interviewee to take up 5-10 minutes answering those questions? I would really feel like I was rambling on and on if I took up close to 10 minutes answering 2-3 questions.

Yup that's exactly what he asked: Why law and What do you plan to do with a JD were thrown into the first question. And then Why Harvard was the second question. He finished by asking if I had any questions or concerns (I had 2). My JR1 lasted 8:30, I definitely talked a lot but it went by very quickly and I think he may have been talking for 2 minutes at the end in response to my questions so I probably only spoke for 6 minutes or so.

Good Luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”