Submitting letter of recommendations before taking LSAT???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mbkc03

Submitting letter of recommendations before taking LSAT???

Postby mbkc03 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:54 am

I plan on taking the LSAT this coming June or October, hoping submit my applications before November 15th 2011 to qualify for the early commitment options. If i do end up taking the LSAT later in October rather than June, I was wondering whether or not the LSAC will accept letters of recommendation before I take the LSAT. To be on the safe side, I don't want my reccomenders feeling rushed to write and turn in the letters. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Eugenie Danglars

Re: Submitting letter of recommendations before taking LSAT???

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:06 am

You can submit LOR's anytime after you set up an account on LSAC. It doesn't matter when you take the LSAT. They will stay in your account until the expiration date listed on the sidebar (which is, I think, 5 years after you open your account).

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:07 am

mbkc03 wrote:I plan on taking the LSAT this coming June or October, hoping submit my applications before November 15th 2011 to qualify for the early commitment options. If i do end up taking the LSAT later in October rather than June, I was wondering whether or not the LSAC will accept letters of recommendation before I take the LSAT. To be on the safe side, I don't want my reccomenders feeling rushed to write and turn in the letters. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

The earlier, the better. Less you have to worry about once apps/lsat comes around. I had my profs submit 6 months earlier. Might as well go ahead and have your transcripts sent as well.

mbkc03

Postby mbkc03 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:11 am

Thanks guys!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”