My school list so far.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bport hopeful

My school list so far.

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 am

So heres the deal. Ive applied to some schools, but am looking to maybe apply to a few more. I can't really see myself living too far from the east coast. If anyone thinks that I am grossly ignoring a school, id appreciate the point. Im 3.12/166.

Pitt
BC
Emory
UConn
Case
Temple
Seton Hall
Maryland
Indiana
Bama

I'd like to apply to UNC, but I am having some trouble with the mandatory essays that they require.

Disclaimer**
I know that this thread isn't super useful, but whatever, I am bored and interested on others views.

FeelTheHeat

Re: My school list so far.

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 am

Every school you listed is extremely regional, and seeing as how you will not be cracking the T20, I think its best to take a concentrated look at where you want to practice. Emory is a long way from Boston, and vice versa. I understand you like the east coast, but where you'd like to live and if possible what kind of law you wish to practice would help us out in answering you.

HarveyBirdman

Postby HarveyBirdman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:57 pm

why not ohio state? i think it's doable with those numbers. but then, which state are you living in? potential scholarships aside, what are the most affordable, in state public school options for you?

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I live in NY. Ive been thinking abut OSU, but ive got some michigan alums in the fam.

HarveyBirdman

Postby HarveyBirdman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Ha, part of me wants to say that's a stupid reason to disregard it, but at the same time, I've never considered Michigan's law school for similar reasons (I live in Ohio). Even though I went to OSU for a year and a half and transferred out because I didn't like it, don't care about the football team, etc...going to Michigan would feel odd, and like I'd have to justify it to everyone I tell here. So I get where you're coming from.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”