Phone Interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bport hopeful

Gold

Phone Interview

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:54 pm

So I received a voice mail from Case Western saying that they were giving prospective students an opportunity to schedule phone interviews if they couldnt come visit the campus. You would be paired with an faculty member with expertise in your desired field. They made it sound like it was more for students and not really part of the application process.

Heres the deal, Case isnt really all that high on my list. I applied because it was free. If asked why I wanted to go there, I would have to shoot the bull pretty hard to come up with a decent answer.

Do I have to schedule an interview, and if I do, what kinds of things are discussed?

bport hopeful

Gold

Re: Phone Interview

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Real solid.

Punisha20

Bronze

Re: Phone Interview

Post by Punisha20 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:15 pm

When I did the phone interview they really didn't ask anything about my desire to attend Case. The professor I was paired with basically had me discuss why I wanted to go in my chosen specialty, and wanted to know my story. Then he told me a little bit about the program. It lasted about 20 mins, and the prof. offered to take me out to lunch. Can't beat that right? Most people in the Case 2011 forum do say that if you reject the phone interview then you will more than likely be denied.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”