Best Law School Professors Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
YOUNGHOVA616

New

Best Law School Professors

Post by YOUNGHOVA616 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:57 pm

There is much talk on this forum about the schools, their job stats, their locations, their cost, their numbers, their clerkships . etc

However their is not much talk about what makes great lawyers great lawyers and the single influence that will have the greatest impact on how someone understands and comes to practice the legal profession and that is who their professors are. How I am going to learn and what I am going to learn in my mind is very important

I was wondering if we could get a list of some of th best legal professors and their area of expertise.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: Best Law School Professors

Post by Grizz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Let's be honest, people go to school to get jobs, not learn with some cool professors or whatever. And this is even more ridiculous because lawl school doesn't really teach you how to practice law or be a lawyer.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:04 pm

BU consistently ranks #1/#2 for best profs because they have our heavyweights teach a 1L course each semester. At most schools the top scholars teach a seminar or two and publish. The benefit to having them teach 1L courses, is you can score an RA position with someone who is top of the field.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

the answer to your question, jay z, is the professors at the school that gives you the best chance of getting a job

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:15 pm

YOUNGHOVA616 wrote:There is much talk on this forum about the schools, their job stats, their locations, their cost, their numbers, their clerkships . etc

However their is not much talk about what makes great lawyers great lawyers and the single influence that will have the greatest impact on how someone understands and comes to practice the legal profession and that is who their professors are. How I am going to learn and what I am going to learn in my mind is very important

I was wondering if we could get a list of some of th best legal professors and their area of expertise.
Calling All TLS. Unjustified(fiable?) Assumption. Terminate With Haste.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tome

Bronze

Post by tome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 am

YOUNGHOVA616 wrote:There is much talk on this forum about the schools, their job stats, their locations, their cost, their numbers, their clerkships . etc

First, stop reading Malcolm Gladwell. The guy is a fucking moron. Second, what you ask for is entirely unhelpful to your goal.

Ty Webb

Silver

Post by Ty Webb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 am

tome wrote:

First, stop reading Malcolm Gladwell. The guy is a fucking moron. Second, what you ask for is entirely unhelpful to your goal.
It's also wildly impossible to answer. I've only had my professors. That's like asking me to rank the top 25 teams after only watching mine. This is an impossible venture also because there are different ways to classify "best".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”