testmasters + previously administered tests + 3 months prep?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
margaretnyc

testmasters + previously administered tests + 3 months prep?

Postby margaretnyc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 am

Hi guys,
So, I've pretty much set my mind on taking testmasters- classes start 3/14 in nyc (on a side, note, is roughly 3 months enough time to prepare for the June LSAT?) Do I need to purchase previously administered tests, or is the testmasters material enough?

Thanx,
Margie

achilles

Re: testmasters + previously administered tests + 3 months prep?

Postby achilles » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 pm

I took a TM class starting in July for the October test. They give you a TON of material, but you only get around ten full exams. All the other tests are split up into practice work, including some timed sections. I did all the exams and sections, and around 1/2 of the extra work, and that was fine for my prep. So for me 3 months was perfect, but it's gonna be different for everyone. Good luck!

njgal

Postby njgal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 pm

If you do all of the work they have about every question ever administered since the new exam, but as mentioned before only about 10 full tests but if you are like me and recognize questions buying extra tests will just be questions repeated (they also have some extra full sections just not full tests). If you do all the work they assign you will have more than enough material, but if it is a timing issue you might want to buy some full tests.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 pm

margaretnyc wrote: Do I need to purchase previously administered tests, or is the testmasters material enough?

Thanx,
Margie

Yes, it'd be good to obtain PTs, although, not sure how many you can get through while doing tons of HW for the TM course (terrible in my experience).

Get the PTs anyway, since if you don't end up taking the test or if you decide to retake, you'll have to self-study with the PTs anyway.

achilles

Postby achilles » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 pm

One more thing: they give you the ten most recent tests, so you should by ones that are a little older if you decide to buy them. Like 2000-2007. When you go further back than that, RC is easier and LG is harder. If you wanna know the exact ones, you can PM me and I'll look it up

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Tests older than 2000-2007 have easier Logic Games?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”