Private Scholarships/fellowships

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jfb

Private Scholarships/fellowships

Postby jfb » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Does anyone know anything about private scholarships or fellowships that can be applied for to receive some aid in addition to merit and need based? Are there any helpful resources for locating such scholarships (besides google)? And do these typically only apply to certain schools? I know nothing about this topic so any thoughts or advice would be great.

Genesis of this question: I have a friend in grad school who claims that most individuals in his class are receiving some sort of private fellowship funding, which I have not heard much about for law school.

law_monkey

Re: Private Scholarships/fellowships

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:12 pm

jfb wrote:Does anyone know anything about private scholarships or fellowships that can be applied for to receive some aid in addition to merit and need based? Are there any helpful resources for locating such scholarships (besides google)? And do these typically only apply to certain schools? I know nothing about this topic so any thoughts or advice would be great.

Genesis of this question: I have a friend in grad school who claims that most individuals in his class are receiving some sort of private fellowship funding, which I have not heard much about for law school.

Fastweb usually has a pretty comprehensive list. Other than that LSAC has a few articles on funding law school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”