Should I be concerned about my softs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Should I be concerned about my softs?

Postby amonthofsundays » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Last edited by amonthofsundays on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upton Sinclair

Re: Should I be concerned about my softs?

Postby Upton Sinclair » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Read the first three lines.

Answer: No.

Re: Should I be concerned about my softs?

Postby almightypush » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:12 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:I am currently a Junior undergrad who will be applying for the 2011-12 admission cycle.

Current Stats:

GPA: 3.98 (although I may have to take my first W this semester to keep it there)
Taking June 2011 LSAT (studying for 170+)

Campus Job - 20 hours a week, 40hrs during this past summer as well as this coming summer. I was made a supervisor after my first year.

Transfer student outreach club - (I was one) but this not a time consuming club at all and I noticed many apps ask for a time commitment from each of your ECs.

These are what I consider to be my two legitimate softs although if necessary I could cupcake a few other small volunteer opportunities and/or join some of those honor societies that I get list-served about every semester just for having above a 3.0, 3.5 ect. The only reason I'm even concerned is because many others in my major (poli sci) have been picking up internships during the semester and over the summer. Needless to say I haven't had any internships and really have no desire to because I don't feel like wasting my units/money and time doing an internship where I may just end up making coffee or filing papers. I would much rather spend that time at my job making money which I admittedly need much more.

My first choice is Stanford but its kinda a hope for the best plan for the worst situation because I know they are one of the more notorious black boxes. I just don't want it to come down to my softs and regret not putting a little more emphasis on it.

Thanks TLS!

if you can maintain that GPA and crack 170, YLS would be your only toss-up. i never did a single internship and landed Harvard. granted, i had a fair amount of community service under my belt, so if you can squeeze a few more hours of that in per week, it would certainly solidify things. but, yeah, primary concern right now should be your LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”