Character and Fitness Related Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fadedjoebreezy

Character and Fitness Related Question

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:21 pm

?
Last edited by Fadedjoebreezy on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawpuppy

Re: Character and Fitness Related Question

Postby lawpuppy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:51 pm

Not likely. Whichever school you go to, you will have disclosed everything to them.

Now, the incident itself could be a problem down the line, but that depends on the incident.

Fadedjoebreezy

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am

Last edited by Fadedjoebreezy on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jennamc_85

Postby jennamc_85 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:53 am

The way it sounds, you weren't charged with anything nor were *you* put on or threatened with academic probation. Why would this need to be disclosed?

TJISMYHERO

Postby TJISMYHERO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 am

jennamc_85 wrote:The way it sounds, you weren't charged with anything nor were *you* put on or threatened with academic probation. Why would this need to be disclosed?

+1

Fadedjoebreezy

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Last edited by Fadedjoebreezy on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

typ3

Postby typ3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:
jennamc_85 wrote:The way it sounds, you weren't charged with anything nor were *you* put on or threatened with academic probation. Why would this need to be disclosed?

+1

Because schools ask if you have ever been warned.

Despite incidents not going on your permanent record they may be added to your file. You must give written consent for the bar to investigate your file completely from undergrad. Often times schools keep your record for 5-7 years and then destroy anything that wasn't a permanent sanction, expulsion, or suspension.

I had a similar incident that was somewhat of a warning / official directive. I disclosed it to law schools in a brief addendum to cover my back. I can almost guarantee your C&F depending on your state will require you to disclose it to them. Generally C&F for bars are extremely ambiguous and sweeping. You shouldn't get charged with hiding the incident if you disclose it to the bar.

The problem people run into is not remembering things or not disclosing to the bar. Then when C&F finds something in your file you get lit up because you weren't 100% forward.

TJISMYHERO

Postby TJISMYHERO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

It sounds like this individual did not attend the school where he wasn't given a warning.

Fadedjoebreezy

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm

TJISMYHERO

Postby TJISMYHERO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Fadedjoebreezy wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:It sounds like this individual did not attend the school where he wasn't given a warning.

Correct - Was visiting as a guest

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it/ bring it up in any application, or with anyone else for that matter. But others may disagree with me.

Fadedjoebreezy

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 pm

mar12

Postby mar12 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm

As someone who has just gone through two CF evals (TX and PA), I would recommend that you not include it. These questions are designed to pick up real charges. Not, potential disputes. If I understand you correctly, you damaged some property and paid for it to be fixed. This is not a charge (informal or otherwise). If you report it, you will need documentation for your CF eval. Even if there is no record of it. For more information visit law school info (LinkRemoved) page.

Avoid the headache. If will never come up.

TJISMYHERO

Postby TJISMYHERO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Fadedjoebreezy wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:
Fadedjoebreezy wrote:
TJISMYHERO wrote:It sounds like this individual did not attend the school where he wasn't given a warning.

Correct - Was visiting as a guest

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it/ bring it up in any application, or with anyone else for that matter. But others may disagree with me.

It's already been submitted with my apps, I was just curious if the school would look down on it (since on my first round of apps last year I forgot to disclose). Thanks for all of the input however.

Unfortunately, I'm clueless as to whether schools will take a look at your withdrawn apps again or not and what the consequences would be if they did.

JPrezy87

Postby JPrezy87 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:26 pm

mar12 wrote:As someone who has just gone through two CF evals (TX and PA), I would recommend that you not include it. These questions are designed to pick up real charges. Not, potential disputes. If I understand you correctly, you damaged some property and paid for it to be fixed. This is not a charge (informal or otherwise). If you report it, you will need documentation for your CF eval. Even if there is no record of it. For more information visit law school info (LinkRemoved) page.

Yea...to the OP: NEVER VOLUNTEER INFORMATION...if they dont ask you directly or it's not within the paramters of the question...STFU..so don't list it...and hell...let's be real here "don't volunteer information" is the mantra lawyers' clients live by---ain't that right yall? ;)

Fadedjoebreezy

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm

JPrezy87

Postby JPrezy87 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Fadedjoebreezy wrote:
JPrezy87 wrote:
mar12 wrote:As someone who has just gone through two CF evals (TX and PA), I would recommend that you not include it. These questions are designed to pick up real charges. Not, potential disputes. If I understand you correctly, you damaged some property and paid for it to be fixed. This is not a charge (informal or otherwise). If you report it, you will need documentation for your CF eval. Even if there is no record of it. For more information visit law school info (LinkRemoved) page.

Yea...to the OP: NEVER VOLUNTEER INFORMATION...if they dont ask you directly or it's not within the paramters of the question...STFU..so don't list it.hell...as a lawyer that's the most helpful piece of advice you gonna be giving your clients ;).

I am not sure I understand the advice. I submitted the apps with it disclosed on there (that is already disclosed on the app/I cannot take it back). Are you saying now it should not be disclosed on C&F when it comes time for the Bar Exam? And if I do disclose it, I have to provide documentation? I guess if I have to disclose it, come the Bar (because I already disclosed on my apps) I will try and seek out documentation (even though I am told it is undocumented/nothing exists on the record/no charges filed). Now I feel like I opened a can of worms with this, when all I intended was complete candor :/

don't worry about it son..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”