berkeley initial review??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheThreader

berkeley initial review??

Postby TheThreader » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 pm

I got an email today, passed berkeley's initial review. does anyone know anything about this

QuailMan

Re: berkeley initial review??

Postby QuailMan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 pm

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:00 pm

TheThreader wrote:I got an email today, passed berkeley's initial review. does anyone know anything about this

What does it mean by 'passing' initial review?...Any explanation guys?...

Does it have something to do with 'index scores'? :shock:

QuailMan

Postby QuailMan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:54 pm

It means you've gone to Faculty Review. If you look at your status checker, you'll see it says you've been passed to faculty review.

This is from Dean Tom's interview, available at the "interviews" link above.

"we also identify about 1400 to 1600 other applications that are very competitive, and these we send to our faculty admissions committee, comprised of 6 faculty and 12 students. Students serve in an advising capacity on the committee. I admit roughly 550 people through what I call the administrative review process, and the admissions committee (the faculty committee) admits about another 200 or so. "

lovejopd

Postby lovejopd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:18 pm

QuailMan wrote:It means you've gone to Faculty Review. If you look at your status checker, you'll see it says you've been passed to faculty review.

"we also identify about 1400 to 1600 other applications that are very competitive, and these we send to our faculty admissions committee, comprised of 6 faculty and 12 students. Students serve in an advising capacity on the committee. I admit roughly 550 people through what I call the administrative review process, and the admissions committee (the faculty committee) admits about another 200 or so. "

Wow Thank you for your kindness!

So does it mean that someone's application is reviewed by either Dean Tom or the faculty committee OR both?

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm

lovejopd wrote:
QuailMan wrote:It means you've gone to Faculty Review. If you look at your status checker, you'll see it says you've been passed to faculty review.

Wow Thank you for your kindness!

So does it mean that someone's application is reviewed by either Dean Tom or the faculty committee OR both?

Means that Dean Tom read your file. You weren't an auto-admit, but weren't an auto-reject either, so he passed you off to the committee to make a final decision

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”