Will Villanova/ABA scandal increase $$ negotiation chances?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BEAST_mode

Will Villanova/ABA scandal increase $$ negotiation chances?

Postby BEAST_mode » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:06 am

You know the Villanova drama. I figure a solid chunk of accepted students with scholarship will be withdrawing for greener pastures. Does anyone see the likelihood of successfully negotiating scholarship increases going up because of the scandal?

BEAST_mode

Re: Will Villanova/ABA scandal increase $$ negotiation chances?

Postby BEAST_mode » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:12 am

bump

RPK34

Postby RPK34 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:21 am

I doubt a lot of people with withdraw because of it. But try anyways. No one one TLS will be able to tell you how Villanova will adjust its scholarship money, if they do at all, due to this incident.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 am

Temple.

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 am

What're going to say, "Hey since you guys are dirty effing liars, do you want to throw a little more money my way?" I don't think this will change anything. There will be plenty of people who know nothing of the scandal that aplly get accepted and Ultimately attend. But I would say it would be in bad taste to ask for more money because of the scandal.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 am

bergg007 wrote:What're going to say, "Hey since you guys are dirty effing liars, do you want to throw a little more money my way?" I don't think this will change anything. There will be plenty of people who know nothing of the scandal that aplly get accepted and Ultimately attend. But I would say it would be in bad taste to ask for more money because of the scandal.

I don't think the OP meant that he would call them up and be like, "Hey, you guys had that huge scandal, can I have more money?" I think he meant more along the lines that because they had that scandal, Villanova may be more receptive than usual to increasing scholarships through typical negotiation.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 am

Only Villanova Law School officials know the answer. My best guess is that first year law students in the top 10% of their class have the most leverage if they file transfer applications.
Current & near-term future applicants will have to think long & hard before investing $100,000 or more for a Villanova Law degree with Pitt & Temple available at affordable in-state tuition rates.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 am

Blindmelon wrote:Temple.

+1

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”