Academic Probation Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aggie09

Academic Probation Addendum

Postby aggie09 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi, I have a quick question. How long should the Academic Probation Addendum be? Does anyone have a quick sample of one?

holdencaulfield

Re: Academic Probation Addendum

Postby holdencaulfield » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Deleted due to user error.
Last edited by holdencaulfield on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:55 pm

One line: I was on academic probation for semester of __________.

At most make it two sentences and in the second just say "I made bad grades because I was sick" or whatever. The schools really do not care if you were on academic probation for your entire 4 years of college. It is all about getting you in as a paying customer now. You will find a school that will take you, guaranteed. This stuff about acknowledging academic probation is a relic of disclosure rules from a time when fewer people were admitted as lawyers.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:58 pm

MrAnon wrote:One line: I was on academic probation for semester of __________.

At most make it two sentences and in the second just say "I made bad grades because I was sick" or whatever. The schools really do not care if you were on academic probation for your entire 4 years of college. It is all about getting you in as a paying customer now. You will find a school that will take you, guaranteed. This stuff about acknowledging academic probation is a relic of disclosure rules from a time when fewer people were admitted as lawyers.

+1. Ignore my first response. I misunderstood the question.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”