The Best Internship on Earth

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Justathought

The Best Internship on Earth

Postby Justathought » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Apparently...according to the Sierra Club at least.

http://sierraclub.org/bestinternship/

FAQs: --LinkRemoved--

As a tree-hugging hippie / member of the Sierra Club, they sent me info about this rather unique and competitive internship. Not law school related, but certainly would spice up your personal statement. Looks like a fun opportunity for a college student or recent grad.

Deadline to apply is March 16th.

StillHerexxx

Re: The Best Internship on Earth

Postby StillHerexxx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Sounds like being a camp counselor to me. I guess the main upside would be that it is called an internship, so it wouldn't look only like a summer job.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm

I won't be applying, but I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at $2000 of North Face gear.

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:03 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:Sounds like being a camp counselor to me. I guess the main upside would be that it is called an internship, so it wouldn't look only like a summer job.

Well, looks like you get around $4500 in pay / north face gear, so that's fairly solid for summer internship. Plus, although you work out of the SF headquarters, it seems like you travel around the country quite a bit. I think the biggest draw is blogging about the experience with the support of a professional production team. Plus since there is only one intern, and since it is a national organization, it has to be pretty selective. While I don't think it constitutes an amazing soft, I think its something that would make your application significantly stronger when compared to applicants with similar numbers but more ordinary experience.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”