Weight of Senior grades Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
basel

New

Weight of Senior grades

Post by basel » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 am

I searched forums and found out that if you apply in the fall law schools only look at the first 3 years grades, and that you can send in an updated transcript after first semester if your gpa has boosted. I was wondering though do those grades carry the same weight as the first 3 years once they were sent in?
For example if you are calculating your gpa for admissions chances can I weigh (my hypothetical) senior year fall grades equal to my first 3 year grades even though they wont be sent in until after i apply?

holdencaulfield

Bronze

Re: Weight of Senior grades

Post by holdencaulfield » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 am

basel wrote:I searched forums and found out that if you apply in the fall law schools only look at the first 3 years grades, and that you can send in an updated transcript after first semester if your gpa has boosted. I was wondering though do those grades carry the same weight as the first 3 years once they were sent in?
For example if you are calculating your gpa for admissions chances can I weigh (my hypothetical) senior year fall grades equal to my first 3 year grades even though they wont be sent in until after i apply?

No. You can not add grades you have not earned. If you can, let all the 0L's know so they can send their resumes out indicating their rank as top 1%.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:32 am

i wouldn't because a.) they're hypothetical and b.) by the time you send transcript updates your app will already be deep in the admissions process, tons of people will have read over your packet, made comments, ranked it, i dunno whatever admissions committees do, all with your lower gpa in mind. by the time your final grades are in, it may not matter.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 pm

basel wrote:I searched forums and found out that if you apply in the fall law schools only look at the first 3 years grades, and that you can send in an updated transcript after first semester if your gpa has boosted. I was wondering though do those grades carry the same weight as the first 3 years once they were sent in?
No, because there's no guarantee that you'll grab the same types of grades.

basel

New

Post by basel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 am

sorry when is said hypothetical i didnt mean guessing grades, but i meant lets say two people have a 3.7 after first semester senior year but one had a 3.68 before and one a 3.69 before. And htey send their application in with the grades before senior year then send in the new grades after first semester. Are they considered equal or is it already too late in the process?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”